missing/ stutter?

Kyle94

Hey, there you go! More infoe the better. Yeah, if its down to #2 cylinder, I would maybe try and flush the injectors. If you needed a injector, I would have to look it up and I could tell you a litte more tomorrow. When you did the tune up, what kind of parts did you use?

Hey, there you go! More infoe the better. Yeah, if its down to #2 cylinder, I would maybe try and flush the injectors. If you needed a injector, I would have to look it up and I could tell you a litte more tomorrow. When you did the tune up, what kind of parts did you use?

uhm. the plugs are NGK G or N power. dont remember which. the wires are napas platnium lifetime wires. the cap and rotor are some things from napa as well. not sure which. i do NOT want to change the #2 injector... :( i beleive it is under the overhang of the intake plenum right? hopefully getting the cleaners you suggested will work... and i wont have to change it..

• 3 weeks later...

I had a miss/stutter when I would be at cruising speed with low load on the engine. I have an auto and leave my OD off when under ~50mph and that seems to keep the RPMS in a good range. Also, i replaced the coolant temp sensor by the radiator and that helped a lot too.

• 3 weeks later...

going to try and get those damned chemicals soon so i can stop this madness (hopefully!!) and then the next step if that doesnt work, is getting and injector... :/

then to find out why my oil smells a bit like gas

i was trying to go around getting a new injector... atleast it not one of the harder one i guess...

could you possibly look one up for me before you leave nissan? :D plz

Edited by Kyle94

• 4 months later...

This is gonna sound weird. I was having a similar issue. Would want to die when at a stop sign, not all the time though. Anyway I was reading through some older threads about this issue. A couple people had somehow figured out that the maf was dropping its ground at times. Their fix was to add a ground wire to the maf connector. After I put the extra ground in I am having no issues. Worth a try.

Honestly I suck with wiring. How would I go about adding a ground? Connecting it where? Lol. Wiring is not my specialty unless it has pages of very detailed instructions or is plug and play... -_-

I had this exact same problem once and I've stated on here a couple of times I was able to fix mine with the Gumout treatment at Kwik Kar, the main ingredient being the vacuum line IV drip for about 15 minutes, that service cleared it right up. Up until that point I had narrowed my issue down to the Idle Air Control Valve which is on the underside of the intake plenum on the driver side near the firewall. Before that I had replaced with a stock coil and bought a used but warrantied ignition control module. If you're able to spend the $80 for the service I suggest you give it a shot.

My truck's symptoms were dying all of a sudden while slowing to turn or stopping; if it didn't die it would idle rough down around 2 or 300 rpm and black smoke would puff out the exhaust, rpm would fluctuate a little bit up and down like a dying, wheezing pathetic injured animal.

• Like 1

If i had 80$ i so would. Though we dont have a kwik kar, im sure someone else does it... :) i havent been working and i get my last paycheck from them next friday. We will see what i can come up with. lol.

Sounds exactly like what mine is doing, minus the black smoke. (though it is possible i never look for it...)

Honestly I suck with wiring. How would I go about adding a ground? Connecting it where? Lol. Wiring is not my specialty unless it has pages of very detailed instructions or is plug and play... -_-

There are 3 wires on the connector. You want the solid black wire. I perfer heat shrink butt connectors. There is a ground on the core support that I used. Add in your ground and attach to the existing ground. Attach the wire to the butt connector. Heat shrink and wrap with tape and be on your way. I bought a new connector when I did mine. A 3 wire TPS connector.

• 3 months later...

So what ended up being the problem? Or atleast what was the fix. If you havnt found it yet, have any symptoms gotten worse? I'm trying to figure out if I should tear into the intake again. Hope not. Lol. Hey guru's, would seafoaming a bad carbon filled intake clog my injectors worse? Or would it have positive effects?

Edited by dirtroadpathy1987