V8 swap options in 91 pathfinder?

Kenny91pathy

i have a 91 nissan pathfinder SE-V6 3.0L 5speed on 33s the ol 3.0L has 227,000 miles on it and is still kickin but future plans for it i want to swap a V8 & 1ton axles in it and make it bigger than it is now

i want to keep it fuel injected for offroad so boils down to two options and newer model GM LS style motor 5.3L 5.7L 6.0L or i was searching threw craiglist last night and saw a good deal on a 4.0L V8 from a 96 lexus LS400 whitch would to differant yet still cool swap or the thrid option would be to build and turbo the 3.0L thats in it now cuz its very possible i had read online that the bottom end with stock internals are good to 600hp

just wanted to get other peoples thoughts and options pros vs cons etc etc

Infiniti Q45 (VH45DE) will bolt up to the pathfinder transmission, though on a manual, you'll need to obtain a 300zx bellhousing to make it work. Wiring will prove somewhat challenging, but it has been done a few times. There are a few build threads for VH45 swaps on the forum.

The H233B rear axle isn't quite a 14 bolt, but its stronger than a dana 44 or a ford 9 inch. It can handle 35s no problem. SAS'ing the front will unlock most of the hidden capabilities of the pathfinder.

If you're looking to build a bogger rig, you're looking to pretty much build a complete truck. Perhaps sell the intact pathfinder and find a junkyard chassis to start from?

If you have enough time/money/access to fab equipment, you can do anything. Good luck. Keep us posted on your project.

The frame needs to be modified a bit to fit the width of the VH45, it's a pretty big engine. Most Nissan wiring harnesses only need a few chassis wires to run.

However. Swapping a Chevy V8 into a Pathfinder is pretty much bolt on since there are kits for it.

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/performance-engine-swap-kits-c-367_172.html

a friend of mine was asking me why i didnt do a 4BT cummins swap in it whitch would be bad ass but that sure is a heavy motor they weight a lil more than a big block chevy motor i figure the LS chevy motor would be best swap they are makein kits to put LS1s is bout anything and wire them up with 4 wires idk this is future plans just getting ideas ill probly just keep beating on the VG30 and do the soild front axle swap first well clutch is next its gettin weak but thanks for the input guys