Round the world trip for MrJim

MrJim

A friend came up with this idea to print a life sized photo of myself in my NPORA short and send it to one NPORA member across the globe for them to take photo in their town/country, sign/date the back, and forward to another NPORA member. It would be like the Flat Stanley Project, only it would be MrJim of NPORA. It would be fun to see how creative (but in a nice way) people could get with it. Here is the Flat Stanley website but it would be a larger stand-up image of me in NPORA shirt and hat.

I am open to ideas on this. I could do a stand up photo of me in NPORA shirt and hat, or of the Pathfinder itself (not quite lifesize), etc. I think it could be a fun way to see our different members and where all we have members around the world. What do you think?

305274_10150313718322301_605882300_8595243_1506545558_n.jpg

Cool idea but how are you planning on shipping a life size photo of yourself?

They come folded down to about a 1/4 size to begin with, but you are right. I want to see this go to as many places as possible and for that reason I would need it to be larger so everyone could sign it with a small note and their user name on NPORA. Maybe it could just be a poster of me with my Pathfinder and everyone could sign it one by one as it traveled. Then they could take a snap shot with it and post it on the site. I could track it on Facebook with map and daily blog. The "lifesize" standup looks like it would cost about $112, but shipping would be the main issue. I will pay for the creation of whatever we decide to do and then I will ship it to first member overseas somewhere. I think it would be good to start compiling a mailing list so some planning could be initiated.

So, a large poster? What do you all think? Then we could see how creative the photos could get about how and where the photos are taken. I would pay to have it shipped back to USA once it has done a tour abroad. Hopefully, individual members can pay the postage to pass it along from one place to the next, except for the big shipments across the pond.

What do you all think?

MrJim

what about a npora flag with jim on it. easier to ship around

That has some good prospects. Flags are pretty spendy, but then standup figures are too. I also suggested possibly doing a giant poster that we could do the same thing with. What do you think? Shipping cost is going to be a factor to keeping this going and for seeing this reach it fullest potential.

MrJim

and maybe offer smaller versions of the flags to members. ill be in for that

Help me find a good supplier of custom made flags and maybe I can make that happen if the cost is not too crazy.

Sounds like fun. Whatever the cutout's made of should be fairly durable, and water proof... I'm sure we'll find all kinds of odd places to put it.

I will probably make it after Nov 1st and get things underway. Love the Nissan Joke on your posts.

Especially if it's gonna be popping up in some snow belt or beachfront areas

Definitely a factor.

We need to start building a mailing list so I can to get everything coordinated. Send your mailing address to me on PM or you can email me directly at jimbennett007@yahoo.com

• 7 years later...