Crazy right front tire wobble

ugabulldog66

so when i am going faster than 15 mph around right turns or curves, my front right tire shakes and wobbles. it makes my steering wheel shake a lot also. when i look out of my window while i am turning and the wheel is shaking it looks as if the wheel as about to fall off. i have taking a look at it myself as well as some other mechanics but we cant figure it out. whats going on?

Compression rod bushings? Tire rod end? Wheels bearings? Lug nuts falling off? Time to check that front end out there!

yeah i checked all the things that i could possibly check and i have gotten many different mechanics to check it as well and no one has had any idea what is wrong. i was just mainly wondering if anyone has experienced this before and has had a good fix for it

Death wobble, it is not fun. I had some about a week ago but it was related to my lift. Best bet is to jack your truck up with the wheels and tires on and grab the wheel and shake both side to side up and down and look for moving parts.....like tie rods, ball joints, strut shaft might move back and forth. Could also be tire balance, try switching a different tire to that same place where the issue is now and see if its still occurring.

Chances are if one tire is shaking the other is as well. Due to the fact that the tie rod connects to the rack and pinon that connects to the other tie rod so it could in reality be the other side of the truck that is causing the problem

Check your strut mounts. The hole where the shaft goes through could be damaged. Open hood, bounce pathfinder and see if the shaft moves around. Of course you would probably notice this other than turning, but you never know. Just another thing to check. Don't want to end up like this:

BrokeStrut4.jpg

BrokeStrut3.jpg

BrokeStrut.jpg

Jose

Chances are if one tire is shaking the other is as well. Due to the fact that the tie rod connects to the rack and pinon that connects to the other tie rod so it could in reality be the other side of the truck that is causing the problem

Unfortunately, one of the times that i was checking it, my friend watched the other tire on the other side as i turned right and the passenger side tire didnt shake at all. Even when i would turn left, neither tire would shake. its confusing

There is no such thing as a larger control arm but if the bushing is shot it could cause the control arm to wobble around esp. when a lateral force is being applied.

Ok thank you for clearing that up because i had some guy consistently tell me that i needed a larger control arm and i was a little confused