Video of twin turbo Pathfinder in sand dunes

slick250

Just got back from Little Sahara, Oklahoma and got a chance to run the Pathfinder a little more. I am running a factory Pathfinder fuel pump, and quickly learned it runs out of fuel at around 10psi of boost, so I set the boost controller for around 8.5-9 psi max temporarily until I get pump upgrade. Even at 9 pounds, it has plenty of power!

My link to sand dune video

Edited by slick250

If it has plenty of power at 9 PSI then you should just stay there. There will be less lag with less boost and the engine will be more reliable and you don't need to waste money on a new pump. :)

Not exactly true. .... If I am building higher boost with the same small turbos, the lag will be identical. The lag will only change if I increase turbo size. I can pull 15 psi with the small turbos with no diff in lag time.

As far as reliability..... if you research the VG30DETT ,these engines were originally designed to operate at twice the original horsepower rating (300 stock = 600 hp ready) before needing to upgrade any internals. Not too worried about increasing my 320 HP to the 400 mark. I should have plenty of safety margin.

I had to throw that out there..... I have spent many hours researching this very subject. ;)

I'll take your word for it, that makes sense. You will be eating through gallons of gas with massive power though! If that's not a concern then I do recommend getting larger tanks along with the larger pump.