Trimmed Fenders

01silvapathy

So I finally bit the bullet this past Friday and cut my front fenders to help alleviate the minor rubbing and ugly fender flares. Was a easy project and I got rid of the holes in the fender. Im waiting on all the full pics but here are some teaser shots.

IMAG0094.jpg

IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0107.jpg

Edited by 01silvapathy

Nice .. I like a lot... You just gave me the kick in the butt I needed.... but before I need to find a good aftermarket flares that could attach solidly to the fenders cause in here, QC, you get arrested pretty fast if part of the tire is larger then the fenders.... got anything in mind or I you leaving it like this ?

I was gonna do this to get rid of those nasty holes, but was unsure of a few things. How did you mount the top corner of the bumper after you trimmed the fender? From what I remember the bumper is attached to the fender, I could be wrong though. Also what did you use to cut/did you need to take the fender off?

Looks really good by the way

You are right that the bumper attached to the fender and that mount was cut off. To get around it the bumper has a flat top and the fender a flat bottom...so I drilled a hole through both and zip tied them together so they sit flush. In terms of the actual process, the fender remained on and cuts were made by an angle grinder with a cut off wheel. Pictures of the process will be posted later today.

What was the need to trim that much off the front fenders ? just to get rid of the holes ? Did you trim the rear or just paint them. I know the rear flares take some abuse and understand why to take them off but I've never had a problem with the front ones . Plus now your tires stick out pretty far in the front which is not legal in most places. what are your plans now Bigger flares ?

OH no that perfectly good fender!! :ohmy: just kidding. I think you did a nice job on cutting them and give you lots of credit for doing something not many would attempt, but i personally dont like the look of how high the front fender is now. I didnt think the front flexed that much...Did you cut all that off for a possible SAS in the future??? :sly:

Looks good but 1 question, the paint there to give the 'illusion' of bigger cuts? hide the holes you didn't cut out? some form of protection on the bare tin from cutting? where you plan to cut more? because you can? some/all/none of the above? (just curious)