Pillar Gauge Pod

Alkorahil

I got a 3 guage pillar pod for another car from this company, I was very impressed with their quality and workmanship.

http://www.gaugepods.com/

I noticed on their site they make custom gauge pods:

Attention car clubs and Internet forum groups. We can manufacture custom gauge holders for your vehicle. Prices starting at just $20 for single pods. Full-length pillars as low as $39.

Minimum order quantity as low as 20 per project. Some models may require a higher minimum. All projects must be paid prior to project start. Pricing will be determined after receipt of OEM part for evaluation. Most of our products range from $40-$60 ea. depending on complexity.

REQUIREMENTS:

Name, address, and contact information of project leader. Follow-up will be with project leader only. (Please do not have others call for status)

OEM part from project leader. This will be used for fabricating the mold and is non-returnable.

Make, model and year range specifications.

Color samples (at least 4"x4" sample) of all colors to be painted.

Gauge Size requested (usually 2 1/16" and/or 60mm). Note: some models may not accomodate 60mm gauges due to width limitations.

PRODUCTION SCHEDULE:

Rough mock-up will be made and sent to project leader. Project leader test-fits mock-up - checking for clearance problems and angle of gauges. Project leader returns the mockup with any modifications and approves the design.

Mold-making process - approx 1-4 weeks

Initial production run - approx 3-4 weeks

Finishing and shipping - approx 1 week after product availability.

*******IMPORTANT********

PRODUCTION SCHEDULING IS COMPLEX AND DELAYS ARE NOT UNCOMMON DUE TO THE NUMBER OF PROJECTS AHEAD OF YOURS, MATERIAL LEAD-TIME, ETC. WE DO OUR BEST TO PROVIDE A RESONABLE ESTIMATE OF DELIVERY TIMES - HOWEVER, WE CANNOT GAURANTEE A DELIVERY DATE.

I could possibly be interested, or if anythig can at least proably scrounge up a trim piece to donate to the project. Still kinda want to make my own, and gotta

Quit being cheap and buy gauges first :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

So this will be the Official Update Page for this project.

If any of you are interested in seeing the most current status, this will be the place to find it.

The price quote for the 3 gauge, no tweeter design is $54.99
The unit comes in standard black with the option for interior color matching for an additional $7.99
The Minimum order number is 20 and additional orders will not bring the price down.

We have 23 people who have Committed to purchase and a total of 24 orders.

Legend

Orange - Members who have received their purchase, everything perfect.
Green - Members waiting for their purchase to arrive.
Purple - Members who have received their purchase but with problems. (wrong color, damage, etc.)

Here are the 23 people who have Committed to purchase out of 28 original. A total of 24 orders.

Project Contributors

Precise - 2 (NPORA) - Products received
Dowser - 1 (NPORA)
Adamzan - 1 (NPORA)
sewebster - 1 (NPORA)
puckstoper9 - 1 (NPORA)

alabama_lowlife - 1 (Infamous Nissan)
tmoore4512 - 1 (NPORA)
RedPath88 - 1 (NPORA)
theexbrit (vegabond) - 1 (NPORA)

scoobysmak - 1 (Infamous Nissan)

dvdswan - 1 (Infamous Nissan)
KENDIG (Infamous Nissan)
SnailPowered - 1 (NPORA)
Koveman - 1 (NPORA)
teixeira - 1 (NPORA)
lower byhalia - 1 (Infamous Nissan)
calicraig - 1 (Infamous Nissan)
Inyourface1650 - 1 (Nissan4wheelers)
Bucket-List - 1 (Infamous Nissan)
snowboard419 - 1 (NPORA)
4EyedTurd - 1 (Infamous Nissan)
edicer2 - 1 (NPORA)
Harbinger - 1 (NPORA)

Interior Color Options

Red - Already sent courtesy of alabama_lowlife from Infamous Nissan
Light Grey - Already sent - courtesy of David29 from Infamous Nissan

Dark Grey - Already sent - courtesy of alabama_lowlife from Infamous Nissan
Dark Brownish Grey - Already sent - courtesy of David29 from Infamous Nissan
Brownish Grey - Already sent - courtesy of David29 from Infamous Nissan
Tan - Already sent - courtesy of David29 from Infamous Nissan
Blue - Already sent - courtesy of alabama_lowlife from Infamous Nissan
Light Blue - Already sent - courtesy of David29 from Infamous Nissan
Black - Not needed, company makes in standard black

The sample A-pillar piece for them to use for a mock up and to give us a more accurate quote has been sent in. (alabama_lowlife)

Color Samples have been sent in. (alabama_lowlife and David29)

Photos of the interior with the Pillar in place have been sent. (Dowser)

Mock up trim piece with Pods attached has been sent to me for test fitting. It's been tweaked for proper positioning and angles and is packed up for return shipping. (Dowser)

Money has been collected, payment sent to the company. (Dowser)

Product is finished and being sent out to project contributors. (All of you! Nice work everyone

We're all finished! Before you know it, a 3 Gauge Pod A-Pillar will show up at your door. Thanks again to the crews at NPORA, Infamous Nissan, and Nissan4wheelers for helping to make this a reality. It couldn't have been done without everyone's support, trust, and influence.

Edited by Precise1
Editing for Dowser
  • Like 1

Random thought... There are 2 different pillar trim styles. With and without the little clearanced section for the chumpie speakers. Would there be a choice of style for those wantig 1 or the other or just a 'live with/without it" if it is not the style you have. (IIRC the cleranced ones are only on later wd21s and people like me who swapped them in whether it were for a reason or "because I could" )

Agreed Dowser, I need a place for some gauges and there ain't no rice about it!! :D

I'm thinking 'with' because it will fit both and without. I'd guess that there are fewer without than with.

I'll try to verify that...

B

Waffles

I was thinking about those Tweeters too when I originally posted thinking I would be happy with a design with 2 pods, but thinking more clearer on the subject I could care less if those tweeters work or not so I'd be more then happy with a 3 pod design. I'm thinking if anything once we gather 20 people we could put it to a vote and go with the final decision based on that.

I have an oil pressure gauge that is about 2" across. I assume that this will be the standard size and will work?

What other aftermarket gauges are you guys using that you want these 3 gauge pods?

I'm still on the fence on this. Might be a little pricy for something that I'll only use part of and might obstruct the view a bit?

What other aftermarket gauges are you guys using that you want these 3 gauge pods?

Voltmeter, Transmission Temp, Engine Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Differentials Front and Rear temp, Fuel Pressure, etc

There's lots of things to play around with.

Edited by Dowser

Voltmeter, Transmission Temp, Engine Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Differentials Front and Rear temp, Fuel Pressure, etc

There's lots of things to play around with.

Sounds like you need a laptop strapped to your dash recording all this stuff for later analysis :) Wow, diff temps, that sounds pretty wild! My cluster has a voltmeter already. I kinda thought about having a proper engine coolant temp gauge since the cluster one seems fairly lame.

• 2 months later...

Just bumping this cause we've had quite a few new members lately and perhaps some may be interested.

Also.... Anyone follow the D21 Truck lowering scene? perhaps theres a forum out there that someone knows about that they could post up here. We can get in touch with them and see if there is any takers from the D21 side of things. I never thought finding 20 people for this would be an issue but apparently not as many people want this after all. :shrug:

Post up if your interested and I'll add you to the master list and any party's no longer interested inform me to take you off........ And knock you out. :rant2:

3 gauge version. If you only need two of the mounts, you can put a mirror in the 3rd...

B

Oh, so I can blind myself when the sun hits it... I'm sure I could find something to put in there though. 3 it is.

Just bumping this cause we've had quite a few new members lately and perhaps some may be interested.

Also.... Anyone follow the D21 Truck lowering scene? perhaps theres a forum out there that someone knows about that they could post up here. We can get in touch with them and see if there is any takers from the D21 side of things. I never thought finding 20 people for this would be an issue but apparently not as many people want this after all. :shrug:

Post up if your interested and I'll add you to the master list and any party's no longer interested inform me to take you off........ And knock you out. :rant2:

d21 lowrid uh, I mean, mini-trucker site is infamousnissan.com I'm sure they could fit pillar gauge pods into their agenda of rims, c-notches and buying tires every month. Watch out though, a lot of jerks over there.

If someone could post a sketch or something, that would be good. I get the general idea, but I would like to see the size 2 1/16, placement, angle, etc of the pods.

I've seen pictures and things, but those are mostly in sports cars where you are sitting differently. With this be plausible in a WD21 with the boxy nature of everything?

Also, what are three simple things to have gauges for? oil pressure, vacuum gauge, "turbo boost", and "exhaust temp."?

Edited by 1994SEV6

Gauge preferences are personal choices, example is say a transmission temp gauge. A very informative/usefull/vital gauge to automatic trucks-basicly pointless on a 5 speed. A vacuum gauge could be nice for alot of people(if just for info or to help keep you out of the skinny pedal some :lol: ), yet one that reads into "boost" is only an asset to a whole like 5 people here. Everyone will have their own opinion as to what's more important to them.

oh ok. In that case, I'll have to order about 6 of these gauge pod thingys.

I'mma need that trans temp gauge, that volt meter, that vacuum gauge, that oil pressure gauge, that oil temp gauge, that aftermarket tach WITH shift light built in, that inclinometer, that water temp gauge, that secondary fuel gauge, that reserve fuel gauge, that fuel pressure gauge, that redneck gauge, that tire pressure gauge, and a clock.