87 twin turbo sas 1 inch lift...

No...if so life would be great....depending on the new job I may be able to do some work if I buy consumables but we shall see...

OH dude... that stinks... So after looking at this site your screen must be all messed up... window licker... :beer:

Once we settle down I'm def getting a plasma table and building a home made press break and a glorified harbor freight tube bender and ill be ready to rock...

If i get the offer I want ill be designing stuff for bad boy buggies

U have to hold on to this truck long enough from me to check it out at gone in like 3-5 years

Oh dude... 3-5 years is a long time to not point the plasma at a rig in this driveway...

I may be buying a cheap 94 here next week... It will spend a few days in the driveway then off to the crusher. With no interior....

I hear ya...If I get that job down there my buddy that was there in moab with the jeep and myself are getting a hard body and a trailer and then its game on...if I had a place to park'em id have a 95 and 97 for $2k and one would get a top end rebuild (broken tbelt) and sold to get parts for a trail rig...would rob loom a lot like ures but not so elegant and def abused to the Max

For some odd reason... all my local Nissan friends have a solid axle under their rig. I honestly have the most understanding wife on earth...

Note to self; Self move to Denver Crawlerado for a few months. I will have to wait for the summer though, I like the cold but I don't think a cajun will do good in the snow!

James

Edited by JamesRich

yep.. it runs a custom axle shaft on the long side.. Ford -4..

using a waggy shaft makes the axle 63ish wide. These work well on Xterra's for an oem width.

Edited by AK9849cy

yep.. it runs a custom axle shaft on the long side.. Ford -4..

using a waggy shaft makes the axle 63ish wide. These work well on Xterra's for an oem width.

Why did you go through all the trouble with this 44 vs going with the Waggy axle? What's the advantage?

Just spent 3 awesome days at a hockey tournament.... I have a feeling this is going to dig into the fab time something fierce.

Ryan, its all about priorities brother!!

I love watching my kids play ball, and well just play in general... I only wish that my dad was around to watch me grow up way back then...

I do not intend to be like him...

Back on topic

Why did you go through all the trouble with this 44 vs going with the Waggy axle? What's the advantage?

I got me a set of full size waggy's, and do not intend on shortening them at all... I dont know about Ryans stance, but it may have simply been what was available...

Just an observation...

But I am excited about giving my Pathfinder a wider stance... and more trail capability....

There is nothing "wrong" with the waggy axle.

The advantages to the Ford...

1/2 inch thick axle tubes.. not 1/4 inch

Waggy axles have a camber problem.. If flat top knuckles are used it is almost to much to correct. (top of tires tipped towards center of truck)

For some odd reason Waggy knuckles (outers) work on the Ford axle wonderfully (camber).. go figure.

Ford axles are High Pinion...

The short side of the Ford axle is a couple inches longer (differential towards center of axle).. Thus lining the pinion up with the front drive shaft better (if the axle is Waggy width 61in).

The Ford does not have the "cast" leaf spring perch to work around when going with coils/coilovers.

I did not know that the waggy 44 was only 1/4 wall tubes... that is disheartening...

And the camber... geesh... Now I am starting to wonder if I just screwed the pooch entirely...

Naw, not for $175 for both the front and rear...

Oh the waggy's work fine... Enjoy!

There honestly isn't a perfect axle made for the Pathy. Trade-off's no matter which direction you go.. high pinion.. cheap..correct width.. front drive-shaft lined up.. locker availability.. ratio's.. it never ends!

A Dana 44 is a good start.. being there are many locker/gear/shaft options out there at a reasonable price.

I am going though this process with our Xterra... Being I have d44 parts laying all over it will probably end up with one. However we also have some 233b parts that could be used to make a custom front H233b axle from junkyard parts. Steevo has a sweet setup in the works too... hmm.. all the choices..

Edited by AK9849cy

I agree, I just came accross the deal and couldnt pass it up.

I am kicking myself for selling the 60's I had behind the shed...

I have read Steevo's write up about the front, and it looks wicked... although spendy.

I think it has been a month... hockey... snow... work.. this needs to slow down.

100_1949640x480.jpg

So all the snow is gone now...

100_1950640x480.jpg

Time to get more silicon..

100_1953640x480.jpg

Edited by AK9849cy

It will be nice to get this rig on the road... been in the driveway way too long.. the neighbors are starting to give me the longer look!

I will be converting the e-brake to the under dash style. It is definitely nicer having the handle between the seats... however at the expense of cup holders.. boo!

Covering more holes in the floor..

hj154.jpg

The aftermarket center console from my HB will be stuck between the seats.. it is in need of a serious bath.

5631564.jpg

Edited by AK9849cy

Adjusted the mounts on the hinges so the back bench seat would lean back a bit more. The initial click when folding back up is also in a more comfortable position..

564564564.jpg

Foreward position...

489347.jpg

-----------------------

Relaxed position...

ldxweuyhl.jpg

Edited by AK9849cy

Nice!! I need to do the E brake swap to under the dash myself...ever since I put in the troy, I have been without one... Plan on using hardbody parts to complete the swap but have yet to get around to it...time has a way of evading me...bastard.

That's funny.

I JUST started a conversation about swapping a parking brake from a hardbody to a pathy in November. Here was the actual link to it cause I didn't know the particulars involved. Blam.

Think you can give us a bit more of what actually needs to be done to make this a straight forward swap? I want cup holders as well and I see no reason to have an e-brake taking up such VALUABLE real estate. Perhaps in that other thread so as not to take away from this one. Once again..... envious.

First... a 94+ dash will be in the works. The whole dash is $100 at pull and save. Then will be the parking brake... then figure out how to make the harness work with the mish mosh of parts hanging from this pile.