87 twin turbo sas 1 inch lift...

Those wheels and tires should look really familiar!

Quite possibly. Blue 4dr, red 4dr, I think they were rollers on the HB for awhile, now the 2dr? Next on the X just to keep it going?

Stocks, it'd be good to see you back on the trail. Get'er'done!

Edited by tbecktold

Downpipe flanges for the turbos..

I have a couple turbos laying around from a z32. The application they may be used for requires a custom downpipe. So started mocking up a flange...

The turbo..

100_1570.jpg

The initial flange...

100_1575.jpg

Homebrew divider..

100_1576.jpg

:clap: for everything but the finger. As a machinist, I have to say Knock That Off, you need those things!!

Hell of a job Bud, I can't fathom where you collected all the skill and knowledge to do such work. :beer:

B

:clap: for everything but the finger. As a machinist, I have to say Knock That Off, you need those things!!

Hell of a job Bud, I can't fathom where you collected all the skill and knowledge to do such work. :beer:

B

I grew up in a farming community. Our High School was more of a trade school than a college prep beast that schools tend to be nowadays. We learned the theory and how to weld in multiple processes. We rebuilt 350 Chevys, learned how to frame houses, built pole barns, read blue prints; we had to design, draft, and build projects. Looking back I wasn't quite as ready for college as most. However, I graduated in three and a half years with a four year degree... (Work ethic and task planning learned in high school maybe?)

Not sure there are many schools left of the sort. It becomes obvious on the internet.. folks can say the answers that have been read on whatever forum (good or bad information). However applying this knowledge beyond the keyboard...

Just wondering how far down the pipe are you going to merge them? Or are the being collected right away?

Questions like this make me smile. Looking at the flange instigated and answers most of what you asked. (Just poking a little fun, I think the answer you are after is good one.)

Each side of the engine requires a different routing. However, the "collector" (I think that is what you are wondering) on both is about 10 inches downstream. The main pipe is 1.75 and the bypass is 1.5. They collect into a 2.25 downpipe to a 2.25 exhaust in which both sides and the engine join into a 3 inch tailpipe. This has yet to be totally fabbed up, however the parts are all here.

Edited by AK9849cy

I grew up in a farming community. Our High School was more of a trade school than a college prep beast that schools tend to be nowadays. We learned the theory and how to weld in multiple processes. We rebuilt 350 Chevys, learned how to frame houses, built pole barns, read blue prints; we had to design, draft, and build projects. Looking back I wasn't quite as ready for college as most. However, I graduated in three and a half years with a four year degree... (Work ethic and task planning learned in high school maybe?)

Not sure there are many schools left of the sort. It becomes obvious on the internet.. folks can say the answers that have been read on whatever forum (good or bad information). However applying this knowledge beyond the keyboard...

Ahh, I suppose that explains it. Not really though, you take it to a much higher level that that... :D

I went to one of those college prep schools which set me up well for everything but hands on type work. Most of that I've figured out the hard (and wrong) way, but I'm not afraid of tearing into something and getting my hands dirty. Still, designing/fabbing my own suspension doesn't seem like anything I'm going to do any time soon... ;)

Keep up the great work, it's nice to read up on. :aok:

B

• 3 weeks later...

What I will go through to get exactly what I am after sometimes... When will it ever be good enough!

Total redo on the front sas for another 1.5 inches of uptravel! This will allow for "No Lift" and 35's.

Needless to say this new design will cut about 10 hours off future builds too.

100_1824800x600.jpg

Edited by AK9849cy

Ryan, do you have pictures of your bumper build available? That thing is beast.

I quit taking detailed pics a while back. It was somewhat fun to post up eye candy for folks to enjoy..however for me times have changed. With two kids in multiple activities(hockey, violin, dance, wheeling, etc) the extra time is not there that I once had. The thread is one thing.. then the multitude of questions(pms/emails) start to take time I no longer have.

The bumper was built for this build in mind. It relocated the radiator into a 300z type configuration. Thus providing the pathy some room for an intercooler where the radiator once was. The cross member that the radiator once sat on is removed/replaced in order to make it all work together. The bumper partially mounts on the front of the frame this normally covers (unless you are sporting a body lift).

Bumpers are something I have tended to have an eye for.. however I really don't like making them. They take a ton of time to make and folks tend to think they can copy it for 200 bucks. Well the materials may add up to that.. however the thousands of dollars in tools I have in order to make it happen don't. So I end up answering multiple pms for folks to realize the fabbing hobby is not cheap. I know it is a bummer..

With time being a commodity in the upcoming years, you will probably see this pathfinder and our 2000 xterra being built over the next 6 months. Then I will be backing off to a build a few items that folks need, like the pan hard drop bracket or a few items needed for a reasonably priced sas, that do not take a big chunk of my time to complete.

Buy the way, girls ice hockey rules. I have had more fun watching my 8 year old daughter play than can be believed. I grew up without hockey, so when the daughter came home and stated she wanted to learn crossed my eyes a little. She smiles every second she is on the ice... that is all that matters...

Edited by AK9849cy

Hey dude, completely understand. And your reply answered my question anyway, regarding how it was mounted.

Fabbing is an art... and you sir are an artist.

Thanks for the reply.

We dont have hockey here, but my little girl plays softball, just finished up the fall season. Absolutely awesome. I think I get more into it than she does.

Need to get my other two kids involved in something...