87 twin turbo sas 1 inch lift...

Well I just got me a 93 XE-V6 5-speed pathy. Will be my daily driver and now I can start to get my parts together for a SAS on the 2dr 86.5 pathy. Will the beefed up steering for the stock trucks work once the SAS is done??? I will be needing to do some steering work on the 93 and was wondering if I should save up and bye more than one CL upgrade for the steering.

James

It was just a thought, if you read the rest of the thread the Amigo rear end is supposed to be a d44. But I will check the frontend and make sure. Is the prices to much or is that about normal???

Don't worry about the rear end. Get the front done first, then match up your gearing within 5 %. easy to do with all the options available from G2. If your still looking for an axle. Find a Wagoneer ( or any D-side drop jeep) and use that. They are about the same width. Most yota or chevy is gonna be a P- side drop. You can put flat top chevy knuckles on just about any dana axle.

The better axle is a 77 or earlier f150 that you can just grind a c off the long side cut 3" off it and weld it back on then hang some chevy outers on it!

This is not safe. You should not cut all the way through the inner sleeve. I have heard horror stories of the weld snapping and causing major accidents. This happened to a guy who tried this in the area I live and he went off the road into someones yard.

This is not safe. You should not cut all the way through the inner sleeve. I have heard horror stories of the weld snapping and causing major accidents. This happened to a guy who tried this in the area I live and he went off the road into someones yard.

thats what happens when things are ghetto fab...lol

If you know what your doing it is perfectly safe...cut, inner sleeved, welded =SOLID...I seen it on TV so i think im good to go now...

thats what happens when things are ghetto fab...lol

If you know what your doing it is perfectly safe...cut, inner sleeved, welded =SOLID...I seen it on TV so i think im good to go now...

I guess if that was not safe i should have died years ago! I have been running custom cut axle housings since i could drive!! They come from spicer WELDED to the axle tube all you do is grind the weld remove the C cut the tube and re weld the C on the same way spicer did. Now if all you have is a harbor freight welder i would say dont try it and have a professional do it! I guess i need to post up a few pics of the process?

• Like 1

The key to what you just said is that you are going to re-sleeve the tube. I believe Mauitrailguy is taking about how peps don't bother with the re-sleeve to make it safe.

James

There is no sleeving anything when you grind the weld off the C and beat it off the tube cut the tube and put the C back on the tube?!?!?

• Like 2

Rodeo Dana 44 Rear end.. not all had a 44 and must be from 90-97.

Pretty sure it's '93+, I've seen a couple '91-'92s (bottom of grille is straight) that have 12bolt rears like the Amigos and Pickups. If the bottom of the grille is curved it's probably a newer truck and has a D44 rear, except for some 2wds have 10 or 12bolt rears still.

You could use that axle Trent.. the only problem being it needs to be narrowed down. The only easy way to do this is a WAH...

http://www.bcbroncos.com/frontsusp1.html

That was my question. I've seen ONE pre-'78 truck in the junkyards here and it was a '70-'72, the previous body style. Just trying to be cheap/lazy.

Trent are you in need of a housing? I tried to buy all the ones from jake at b and k years ago but he wanted too much money but i have both a 77 and earlier and a 78-79 here at the house!

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was wondering if there is any updates on Grandpa X and his rides????? Would be nice to see some more pics and know if it ever got on the road.

James

Don't hold your breath.

GrandpaXMember Since 13 Nov 2011

OFFLINE Last Active May 11 2013 09:57 PM

Thanks Mate. I only got to visit Australia once and I already wish that I was back there. My father before he passed said " If I ever get a chance to go to Australia I may never come back." I have to agree with him. Loved my 7 days of leave there while my aircraft carrier was visiting. Sydney is a blast.

James

All good, It is a great country but unfortunately I wouldn't recommend staying here permanently. The price of living here is so damn high compared to other countries and the vehicle laws are just ridiculous, here is an example of some new laws that will commence soon and they even crush cars rather than auctioning them off :thumbsdown:.

1377206_10152302625638275_336975913_n.jp

If I had the choice I would probably live in New Zealand

You may have just exposed an issue, thank you. :beer:
There is a brand new update that we will be performing soon, but I have not yet gone through the change log to see exactly what it addresses. And time will tell what new issues the update will create :/

• Like 1

Are you talking about the issue where an old post comes up and it says it was recently commented on but when you click on the link it shows the actual older date?

Don't hold your breath.

GrandpaX Member Since 13 Nov 2011[/size]

OFFLINE[/size]

[/size]Last Active May 11 2013 09:57 PM

Also Leo I'm not sure where you got that date from. His last post on this thread was the 15th of March this year.

That's off his npora profile and it shows when he was last online not when he last posted on here.

Again, it was my mistake and is a non-issue, so no worries.