87 twin turbo sas 1 inch lift...

gears would be nice to have...thinking about making my own SYE

How were you thinking I have to do my rear also . Hack and tap ? or is there something we can buy for the tx-10 ? Maybe Steevo has something or could chime in on this ?

Edited by PaMountianbiker

gears would be nice to have...thinking about making my own SYE

How were you thinking I have to do my rear also . Hack and tap ? or is there something we can buy for the tx-10 ? Maybe Steevo has something or could chime in on this ?

It would be hack and tap...pretty easy to do

I have four tx-10s and a dline laying here I have been wanting to do this as well I may start today just to post up some pics for you guys??? I will start a new sye thread later today!

K so no new thread on this one as the shaft in the tx-10 is freakin HARD man I am taking my spare shaft over to a buddy that has a lathe we are gonna try and get it drilled and tapped next weeked!

I just sold my Calmini geared/SYE tcase. Waiting on a pallet from Stak.

Thinking about how to make an SYE in the past... I always thought a fella could cut the splines off the existing slip yoke and weld a 1310 flange to it somehow. It would need to be turned after the weld for a nice balance... but it would work.

I just sold my Calmini geared/SYE tcase. Waiting on a pallet from Stak.

Thinking about how to make an SYE in the past... I always thought a fella could cut the splines off the existing slip yoke and weld a 1310 flange to it somehow. It would need to be turned after the weld for a nice balance... but it would work.

is that going in your HB.?

is that going in your HB.?

This last year Tyler Morgan parted out his R50 project. I helped him out by buying his VH45DE/tranny/atlas adapter. As this build has changed a few times along the way... and this also changed the direction. You may see the engine from the HB in this Pathy to begin with.. However I would like this build to end with the V8 on board. He rebuilt it from the ground up making it a good power plant for many years to come. All the other engines laying around here have 150K plus on them.

So to answer your question this Pathy will end up with the Stak. The V8/5 speed/Stak should make a really nice all around combination (Driver/Tow/Trail)

Reading between the lines in this story the HB is going away... it has been a good rig and will be missed.

Then.... there is a pile of neat stuff laying around my house. The idea is to make something the Pathy can tow to the crazy trails. There is a good start to a tube chasis with 4 link front and rear, a pair of Spider 9's, a couple VG33's, turbos, intercoolers, a NWF doubler, a flipped Dana 300 with 4 to 1 gears, a set of Spider Lock wheels with 39 inch red label BFG Krawlers, 5 point harness seats... Are you thinking what I am thinking... :/

Then last but not the least... The Jeep... who knows...

Edited by GrandpaX

I love my kids more than racing.. as much fun as KOH would be.. they need a dad first. I wouldn't mind being part of a KOH team, and could probably drive just fine, a crazy fabricating pit crew guy would probably fit the bill better.

Haven't used the tires yet. It is funny how most of my friends that run Krawlers try other competing brands.. and always come back. Mine are a used pair with about 80% left on them.

Its would be easier on a 2 door as you don't have to worry about cutting into the rear doors so on a 2 door you can really open up your wheel wells. Watch where you cut though, someone cut into theres and went straight though a wiring harness.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Very Interest In This!!!!!!!!!!

WIth some patience... I will go through all the time consuming R&D..... and in my opinion... 4x4parts.com (Automotive Copiers) will replicate the idea down the road. :lol:

Edited by GrandpaX

WIth some patience... I will go through all the time consuming R&D..... and in my opinion... 4x4parts.com (Automotive Copiers) will replicate the idea down the road. :lol:

lol Apply for a patent on the design so they can't rob you. However you should sell some drawings of the design to people like me that can build it ourselves. I've been wanting to do something like this but can't seem to figure out how to use that stupid link calculator that's floating around pirate4x4.

Ok, on the more serious side! I have worked with a couple owners from a Jeep parts manufacture in the past. We worked an Xterra to see how hard it would be to adapt their Jeep parts to work on a Nissan.Xterra. In the long run the idea lost interest and went to the wayside. However I learned quite of bit of what you see in my shop from them. The belly pan project you see above is an extension of what we worked on. I hope nobody see's this as a copy job as much as a continuation of the work that was started.

This is how the belly pan above will work "kinda"... The above skid is more of a mock-up than the finished product.

DSC06576.JPG

• Like 1

kgfhftg_zps4b93b6cd.jpg

I just want the completed pan. Don't need any other parts. I'll only need the measurements for the links and their mounting location on the axles. Let me know when you feel confident enough to let someone buy it. If it needs mods I can handle that. I won't be putting it on my rig anytime soon but I don't want to miss out on the chance to get one ether.