87 twin turbo sas 1 inch lift...

No cage work first?

Do you like cages on a daily driver? :sly:

LOL... just kidding ya! Not on this truck.. it is a daily driver first.

The next project will have a cage... however being it is a TJ I doubt you guys will want to see it.

It is a 99 tj tube.. With a VH45, Nissan 5 speed, NWF doubler with Calmini gears and an NP 205 for the rear case, Spider 9's, coil-overs, full hydro, triangulated 4 link front and rear, etc

Most of the parts are already here... just need to take the time to put it together. I wish Nissan would put something new out there that would be fun to put these parts on...

The newest Pathfinders (2013) lost their man card... I wonder how bad Nissan is going to mess up the next version of the Xterra. Sad day for me... my first rig (28 years ago) was a '74 620 Datsun truck. Guess it is time for a change....

Edited by GrandpaX

To answer your question yes I like cages on a daily driver. Wouldn't be the first time I've been in that boat. :aok:

And yes I would like to see your next build. Don't care if anyone else wants to see it or not. I'm a fan of any type of fab work so long as it's good work.

The TJ will start this winter. We will probably sell the wife's Xterra, drive her 06 Pathfinder into the ground, then she wants a 4 door JK. For me the HB is showing it's age and will probably be torn down when this 87 Pathy is complete. This engine got 35 mpg in the 300z so maybe I will see a little increase in mileage with this engine transplant. With Nistune I may be able to have different settings for different uses. Mileage/towing/wheeling...

The TJ will basically take the best of the leftover parts.. Should be a fun little project and will sound completely wacked compared to the other wranglers out there. I wanted an early bronco but most of them have rust problems that I don't want to deal with. We found a TJ tub and frame with a title on craigslist awhile back. It should make a neat project and will sell better if I ever want to go another direction.

The TJ will be a trailer queen... and will look something like this one with a few twists...

43x145-17SX22.jpg

Edited by GrandpaX
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So the intercooler inlet is on the driver side and the outlet on the passenger.... why not make an intake that points towards the output of the intercooler.

100_2707Custom.jpg

100_2708Custom.jpg

100_2709Custom.jpg

Edited by GrandpaX
  • Like 1