87 twin turbo sas 1 inch lift...

Theres a new you pull it lot here in town that from what i've heard not a lot of folks know about...i'm hoping in the next month or so to get over there and get some parts...i'm gonna reinforce the new used pitman arm once i get one

I researched doing the 1 ton conversion and its very plausable with the chevy 1 ton TRE's and links but I havent decided if its worth it yet or not depending on if/when i can SAS

The truck's looking good...Krystal said she wants your pathy...

The one ton idea could work really well!

Tell Krystal I am thinking this Pathfinder will be a daily driver for many years. However, there is one in your driveway that is a solid axle away from being very similar..

yea...i did some math and it looks like I can ream out the pitman and idler arms which I would weld a T brace on the top of both to get them some more stiffness to resist the temptation to bed then take your idea of the DOM tubing and weld bungs on and just use the chevy TRE's and turnbuckles as they are...I can't remember but I may have to shorten the TRE's about 1/2" or so but it should work...

Yea...she's been speaking blasphemy lately on wanting to get rid of her pathy for a jeep but hopefully after we get into a house we can SAS one or both and get some good wheeling in to show her she dont want no stinkin heep...girls and being able to take the top off and ride around...i told her she could do the same in the pathy but the only top she could drop is her tank top lol

Loving the build...Once I get there I may hit you up...and how much would you want for a front bumper you built for that truck? I like the laser cut insignia...and do you have a shop that has good prices on metal work as far as laser or rough cuts?

Yea...she's been speaking blasphemy lately on wanting to get rid of her pathy for a jeep but hopefully after we get into a house we can SAS one or both and get some good wheeling in to show her she dont want no stinkin heep...girls and being able to take the top off and ride around...i told her she could do the same in the pathy but the only top she could drop is her tank top lol

Loving the build...Once I get there I may hit you up...and how much would you want for a front bumper you built for that truck? I like the laser cut insignia...and do you have a shop that has good prices on metal work as far as laser or rough cuts?

Ya, My wife may get a 4 door wrangler as her next dd.. The whole top off thing is of her liking also..

I do those cuts in my garage... have a cnc table now. It is something I have wanted for years...

You may see some production items out of me down the road.

TRM_2x2_paths.jpg

With this bumper I cut out the lower front valence of the body (the part the radiator normally sets on). I like to try and have the least amount of frontal bumper area as possible. The front of the frame is also a nice area to mount the bumper in general..

Edited by AK9849cy

Jesus.... Ryan. Your ability to come up with effective solutions to all problems is rather irritating. :new576: Once again you wow us with your skills and fabrication. Nothing new to you though I guess. I know everyone drools over your ..... Feces. Damn word filters. :aok:

I can't tell you how many times people, including me, have wanted to come up with mounting brackets to swap the Alty with the A/C unit so that its higher up and out of the water. Perhaps that's something a Future Fabrication company could come up with to make mounting a breeze.... Ahem...... Nudge.

Edited by Dowser

I can't tell you how many times people, including me, have wanted to come up with mounting brackets to swap the Alty with the A/C unit so that its higher up and out of the water. Perhaps that's something a Future Fabrication company could come up with to make mounting a breeze.... Ahem...... Nudge.

Putting a Quest alternator in place of the A/C is not too bad. However putting the A/C below would be a problem... not a bunch of room down there and custom A/C lines are always a pain.

If you want an Alt bracket where the A/C is at it shouldn't be a problem.

Looking at it... it would almost be easier put the alternator above the power steering pump. There may be a problem with the new belt and the thermostat housing though... I'll have to look at it down the road. Remind me!

Edited by AK9849cy

Ya it worked fine before the stitches... They killed the feeling with an injection! Should feel really nice by the time morning hits!

It was kinda wild... looked like I had gutted a fish...

Edited by AK9849cy

A band saw... been working with equipment everyday for 34 years. Guess I was due... A piece of tubing caught and twisted my hand into harms way. Probably would have been worse if my hand would have been within a foot of the blade in the first place. It looks really lovely this morning..

Here it sets in the driveway before the engine/bumper mods started.. That rear end is "STOCK" factory everything! I did however cut out the wheelwells about 2.5 inches..

Those wheels and tires should look really familiar!

The frame height is about 17 inches...

100_1501800x600.jpg

You will love that 2 Door with a little boost. How many H.P. will that produce ??

You will love that 2 Door with a little boost. How many H.P. will that produce ??

These turbos (stock) max out around 400 horse. We'll see how addicting the ponys are... two disco potatoes (the fastest spooling turbos out there) bolt up to put out up to 700...

Edited by AK9849cy

Nice job on the finger! At least your stitches look a lot better than my pinky after they put only 4 in something that needed 10-12...but now I understand the whole adjustable blade guard on the bandsaw we had in the shop at uncc

Yep, they'll learn ya!

Distance from turbo to intercooler.. both sides. The start of the custom downpipes are there too...

100_1635800x600.jpg

Intercooler stuffed in... with fan shroud and two 1200cfm fans.

100_1637800x600.jpg

The driver motor mount worked fine.. a custom low profile mount had to be made for the passenger side..

100_1633800x600.jpg

100_1632800x600.jpg

Edited by AK9849cy

Nice...how many times did u hit ure finger and break out into a cold sweat...a new Guy at work has a full shop at his house and builds truggies...I can't remember if he's the Guy I saw on the trail a year ago but hope to get to know him to help the SAS on its way on a budget...can't wait to see this on the road/trail wish I lived closer BC id def swing by with a cooler of cold beer!

So I'm guessing that's the 300 radiator and its downhill from there? Then u have the surge tank off the fill or off the high point?

Do u have the 2'x2' or 2'x4' plasma? And pm mean what u would charge on top of material and shipping...also hit steevo up BC I'm sure there may be some things u could burn for some side $ if its worht ure time

So I'm guessing that's the 300 radiator and its downhill from there? Then u have the surge tank off the fill or off the high point?

Do u have the 2'x2' or 2'x4' plasma? And pm mean what u would charge on top of material and shipping...also hit steevo up BC I'm sure there may be some things u could burn for some side $ if its worht ure time

Yep 300z style. The radiator is an aftermarket with e-fan and cowl.

There are a few things coming up. I need to get this rig done. Then the Xterra is going to get some marketable items. It is probably be a EBAY type store that shows how many on each item is on hand. If they are out of stock.. they are not in the store... Just easy that way..

The first thing you will probably see for our older rigs is custom grab handle for the A-Pillar. Give the passenger something to haul themselves up in the rig with.

I have the 2x2. Perfect size for a garage type operation.

Edited by AK9849cy

U like their software? We have a table here at work that I have to run from time to time BC right now I'm the only engineer that can scale and get to dxf since the techs don't have catia access and its software is pretty crude...

I think I would want at least 2x4 just so I could cut 4x8 sheets down but I guess you could always rig up a guide for hand torching them

Thanks for the info tho

And u should def cut frame repair patches...I bet there r plenty of folks That would jump on That

U like their software? We have a table here at work that I have to run from time to time BC right now I'm the only engineer that can scale and get to dxf since the techs don't have catia access and its software is pretty crude...

I think I would want at least 2x4 just so I could cut 4x8 sheets down but I guess you could always rig up a guide for hand torching them

Thanks for the info tho

And u should def cut frame repair patches...I bet there r plenty of folks That would jump on That

The software reminds me of the Apple IIe in high school...

The 2x2 can be expanded later to the 2x4. I find myself changing sheets of whatever thicknesses quite a bit. I guess moving the 2x4 sheets of steel would make a manly man out of a fella.

Nice bolt.

Like that do ya! The man knows his bolt grades... Sweet!

Edited by AK9849cy