35's

01silvapathy

35x12.5x16 BFG MT KM1's. Took some tinkering and larger wheel spacers to get them to fit but they are on, dont rub that bad when turning. Gotta find a place to flex and see what I need to do offset wise to get them to flex out in the rear without any rubbing issues. All in all they are great, truck still has plenty of power to turn them and cruises at 70 on the highway right at 2k.

Teaser pic, better pics by tomorrow afternoon hopefully. Truck got bigger for sure, sits about 2in higher than it previously was. Im 6'3 and the roof is about 4 inches above my head :)

299545_10150307889314456_500544455_7750841_1428404097_n.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:omg: more pics please!!!

so you put a 12.5 wide tire on stock wheels...thats interesting :scratchhead: who did the install for you?

i am assuming your running stock gears correct? should you re-gear since you running a tire thats so much bigger then stock? when im cruizing at 70mph i think i am at 2250-2500rpm. havent gone 70mph in a while tho :lol:

Even tho your speedo says 70mph...if my calculations are correct...your actually going 84mph.

New tire diameter (35")/Old tire diameter (29") x speed (70mph) = corrected speed (84mph) But i cant see going 84mph at 2k.

Please correct me if i am wrong...

Edited by Phantom01Pathfinder

No you are right, I use my GPS spedo its alot more accurate. My speedometer is off by about 10mph....so it said 60 and my gps said 70 and it was crusin at 2k. Yeah im running stock gears too...4.363's like I said with the VQ its definately slower than it was, but its still pretty fast considering. I have no issues getting up on it and moving around in traffic. Im working on pics now, been busy all day with school and work....maybe Ill just make a video might be easier

Gotcha :aok:

Ok i have another question. I read somewhere online that when you get bigger tires and dont change gears that the odometer is also off. By that i mean its tacking on miles faster then it should be or slower then it should be...is that correct??? I dont fully understand it... :scratchhead:

Yeah its something like that, but im not too worried about it again because my gps has a odometer as well lol. Its pretty fancy! Here are some more quick shots I took with my phone just now....front has 2in wheel spacers with stock wheels

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

IMAG0081.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg

Edited by 01silvapathy

Im having a fender trimming party at my house when my parents are on their 2 week Alaska Cruise.....so they cant complain about me cutting up perfectly good metal lol :crossedwires::handlebars::lmao:

But for reals I need some opinions. The dont rub on the body anywhere up front, but Im still wanting to take the flares off and trim right above them...basically just take a grinder and chop off the flare from the top. Then in the back cut off right above the little holes in the fenders to get rid of those....then plug weld the sidepanel together and bedline like an inch strip on both front and rear fenders. I dont have photoshop to show what i mean but it looks good in my head lol.

Im having a fender trimming party at my house when my parents are on their 2 week Alaska Cruise.....so they cant complain about me cutting up perfectly good metal lol :crossedwires::handlebars::lmao:

But for reals I need some opinions. The dont rub on the body anywhere up front, but Im still wanting to take the flares off and trim right above them...basically just take a grinder and chop off the flare from the top. Then in the back cut off right above the little holes in the fenders to get rid of those....then plug weld the sidepanel together and bedline like an inch strip on both front and rear fenders. I dont have photoshop to show what i mean but it looks good in my head lol.

I wouldn't start hacking at your fenders. What I would do is jack up the one side and when the tire is 1/4" from the fender measure to see how big of a bump stop you will need.

I know it will reduce the flex, but It will definitely be nicer, unless you are amazing at doing reconstructive body work.

Just my opinion...

Yeah but I mean you can do it right and do it wrong. The front fender would be easy to do since its just one sheet of metal....the rear is two pieces pinch welded together. What the plan was to trim the fender and plug weld the two pieces of metal together every half inch or so then sand it down and bedline an inch strip all the way around to cover up the welds...or just make vertical cuts every half inch and fold up and in which also means there is less chance of cutting a tire on a sharp edge of a fender.