2001 - K&N CAI and Magnaflow Exhaust Vids

So I installed a K&N CAI and Magnaflow Exhaust on my 2001 R50. The intake sounds MEAN and the exhaust sounds nice and tuned. The two modifications really woke up my pathfinder and improved gas mileage by 2-3ltrs per 100kms. I highly recommend these modifications. Cheers.

Edited by winnipegjohnston

• 2 weeks later...

I`ll try and grab some pictures of the exhaust setup tonight or tomorrow. Sorry, I`ve been busy!!

To the gentleman that asked about the K&N install, it was a piece of cake! An hour max. I would consider myself a `backyard` mechanic...not super mechanically inclined, but I seem to get by haha!

Stay tuned!!

exhaust sounds good.

just an FYI, the K&N FIPK is not a CAI. a CAI drops the cone filter down into the bumper where the coldest air is. that's simply a WAI with a heat shield.

basically, if the filter isn't down into the bumper, it's simply a WAI.

exhaust sounds good.

just an FYI, the K&N FIPK is not a CAI. a CAI drops the cone filter down into the bumper where the coldest air is. that's simply a WAI with a heat shield.

basically, if the filter isn't down into the bumper, it's simply a WAI.

Yeah, I know that lol! I just put CAI for whatever reason when I was posting. Thanks for clearing that up for other members tho :wiggle:

I couldn't get pictures last night because it was raining. I'll try to get pics and possibly video tonight...video might work better. Heck, maybe I'll do an interior sound video if I'm in a really good mood :bounce:

Ask and you shall receive! (sometimes)

Okay, this picture shows the stock exhaust pipes welded to expansion pipes which are then welded to the dual entrance muffler with yet bigger pipe diameter.

DSC01672.jpg

This picture shows the corner of the muffler (the blur), then shows the single exit piping going up over the axle turning out on the passenger side.

DSC01679.jpg

Here is a shot from the back

DSC01680.jpg

I hope this helps answer your curiousity :beer:

that sounds pretty nice. i was off roading and my muffler fell off, so i have left it that way. :laugh:

as far as your intake filter, i wouldnt drive when its dusty, or go off roading because gauze type filters dont trap any where near as much particulate as a standard paper filter does.(unless you have chromoly rings, then screw filters!) but thats just me

• 4 weeks later...

Any word on the muffler model or how you found out which would work?

My tail pipe just rusted off my resonator so I figured it is time to upgrade. ;)

No, sorry. I just haven't had any time. I just asked for a throaty sounding muffler at the shop and this is what buddy put on : ) I'm very happy with it! It actually seems to sound better and better as it gets "broken in". Good luck and post up sound clip with what you put on!

Is it a dual output or a single?

I've looked at a couple, but the majority of mufflers with a dual input are dual output...

I'm thinking about a Borla. You get what you pay for...

I have the borla :) (its 2 in, 1 out)

See it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVvq41Vo_LA

Edited by Alfredo24PR

Thanks Alfredo, sounds great man! Do you have a model number or the series of muffler?

Also, did you guys eliminate the resonator? As in just run "straight" pipe from the muffler?

Edited by DesertFox

Thanks Alfredo, sounds great man! Do you have a model number or the series of muffler?

Also, did you guys eliminate the resonator? As in just run "straight" pipe from the muffler?

Sorry I dont know model or series number but yes the resonator right before the muffler is eliminated.

Just to clarify, from your catalytic converters, you ran straight to the muffler. From the muffler, you just had a piece of tube for your tailpipe and that's it, correct?

Something like:

(Cats)--the two pipes come off and go to the muffler--(muffler)------(Tailpipe/tips)

Essentially no resonators anywhere. If you have pictures too that would be awesome. Im pretty confident I know what to do, but I just want to check myself.

Just to clarify, from your catalytic converters, you ran straight to the muffler. From the muffler, you just had a piece of tube for your tailpipe and that's it, correct?

Something like:

(Cats)--the two pipes come off and go to the muffler--(muffler)------(Tailpipe/tips)

Essentially no resonators anywhere. If you have pictures too that would be awesome. Im pretty confident I know what to do, but I just want to check myself.

I will take some pictures of it later today. Meanwhile check keeblepr video: search on youtube for nissan pathfinder 2002 intake & exhaust. Im on my cellphone right now so I cant post a link.