4x4parts front skid plate advice

wd21overland

As the title states i would like to know if any has bought the front skid plate that 4x4parts sells for our wd21.

Pics would be great if anybody has one.

I'm just trying to see what it will look like since it says it also covers more for people with body lift so wonder how it mounts by doing that.

I have the factory skid plate but i'm about to install a body lift so wonder if this will look better for it.

i really dont know, sorry...

but if you want a rad drop-down kit, let me know. i got one for sale just like everyone else here it seems, hehehe...

i guess you really dont need it, unless you want to add it for piece of mind, or unless your truck runs hot without dropping the rad, but i havent read of anyone having this problem yet...

I have the 4x4parts front skid plate. Yes, it does go up and cover the now exposed frame in the front. Its thick, I have bounced off a few things and barely left a scratch in it. The only thing I dont like is that the rear bolts down on the crossmember in the factory mount bolts holes, and there is no protection for the bolt heads. If you see a lot of time on rocks you might want to weld on some washers or some kind of protection for the bolts. Other than that, it works great! I think I have a pic somewhere......

Ok, mine has been on a while(somewhere in the realm of 6 years). I thought I had better pics, but I cant find them. So I went and took a few with my cell. Sorry they are not the greatest, but hopefully give you a idea!

Photo0183.jpg

Photo0184.jpg

I might have another in my build thread. If you have more questions, just let me know!

Well I currently don't have a cross member to bolt a skid to but If I had the 4x4 parts skid when I went wheeling I might still have a cross member.

I hooked the cross member right were the upper corner of the 4x4 pars skid would be and peeled it right open.

4x4 parts skid has my vote.

Thank you very much 5523Pathfinder for the pics.

And to answer the other question it will fit non lifted rigs also.

I have the front plastic air deflector under my bumper off and i see now right where it would bolt up to so going to order one right now since it looks like some decent protection.

wow, those look good.... i think i'm gonna check those out also...

5523Pathfinder- on the AC website they dont show the big 4x4parts.com image on their skid plates. do you think things have changed since your plate is 6 years old? i'd rather have a plain one...

Edited by shasdakota

I called them this morning to order it they said it doesn't have the logo on it anymore it just has a nice powder coated dark gray finish on it that they said is really tough to chipping and coming off.

It does look nice in there pic of it and if i need to paint it down the road oh well easy to do.

On a side note i did ask them if they planned on selling a oil pan / transmission skid plate they said there in the works and will look like the R50 skid plates they sell just modded for our wd21's which is great since i'm always worried about the oil pan since it hangs alittle lower then i would like.

wow, those look good.... i think i'm gonna check those out also...

5523Pathfinder- on the AC website they dont show the big 4x4parts.com image on their skid plates. do you think things have changed since your plate is 6 years old? i'd rather have a plain one...

I called them this morning to order it they said it doesn't have the logo on it anymore it just has a nice powder coated dark gray finish on it that they said is really tough to chipping and coming off.

It does look nice in there pic of it and if i need to paint it down the road oh well easy to do.

On a side note i did ask them if they planned on selling a oil pan / transmission skid plate they said there in the works and will look like the R50 skid plates they sell just modded for our wd21's which is great since i'm always worried about the oil pan since it hangs alittle lower then i would like.

The logo is just a skicker that they sent me. Its not put on by them. I am not a big sticker guy, but I figured they pushed my order along and gave me a deal on a few things, so I put it on.

Yes, mine has some chipping. But that is from wheeling and daily driving. If I so chose, I would have it powdercoated again. Im not to worried about it right now. It was powdercoated grey when I got it. I thought that was nice because it matched my paint!

It's been a while since I saw the front end of a WD21, but is the crossmember not on the frame? IF so, what does a lift have to do with bolting on a skid plate?

It's been a while since I saw the front end of a WD21, but is the crossmember not on the frame? IF so, what does a lift have to do with bolting on a skid plate?

Moving the front bumper out of the way of the frame where it bolts on up front. It doesn't use the same bolt locations as stock. I would go look at my truck, but I'm on vacation across the country.

• 2 years later...

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but my issue seems to be relevant enough to this dicussion that I thought I'd just add it here.

Just got my skid plate for my 95 SE... it doesn't seem to fit. The front bolt holes appear to have been drilled too high, causing the front bolts to angle downwards.

Here's the one I just received: http://d.pr/i/yUOF+

Here's a pic off 4x4parts: https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/images/armor/skid_plates/skid_plates/19872004_pathfinder/8cda13cd27288aacc1f260832831ffd2.jpg

And if you compare it to 5523's 95 SE (same year and model), mine definitely looks off.

Anyway, curious if anyone has run into this, or if I'm completely missing something.