Question about Pics and Vids

TrailChaser

Why do some people blur out or mess up the license plates on vehicles in their pics and videos?

I did it when I first started uploading pics,(years ago) but only because I'd seen so many others doing it that it just seemed right at the time. I thought about it one day and decided that since anyone can take a pic of my trucks plate at the place I'm wheeling(not to mention anywhere else it may be) and upload on the web with out blocking the plate... Why should I.?

Does anyone have a good reason for blocking plates in their pics? Just wondering.

Allot of people do it because they put parts on there rig allot of people want and are on a forum that says what state there from and with you licance plate number they can get your address to come over and remove your parts 4 them self. The difference now is when you run that same search your licance number is recorded so if the car is stole and you looked it up they have your name. The problem was massively addressed with that little change.

Fear of personal privacy is te primary reason I belive. I do it sometimes out of boredom but there's enough shots of my stuff with plates viewed around that it honestly don't matter. Hell I know there's a shot floating around Hellen Keller can figure out what my plate sais! You want my address that bad, just ask. I can only imagine what will end up in my mailbox :chairfall: (thts about all you can get from a PA plate anyway Owners name/last registered address, what the last registered vechile is -say 1988 Nissan SW- in my case, vin IS possible through police search programs, and if insurance is up to date/registration is expired)

That's a lot in paranthesies...