Warn VS Mile Marker Hubs

trenton163

Hey, so I was looking into a set of manual hubs, and I was wondering between Warn and Mile Marker. I know Warn makes good stuff, but I think that Mile Marker is good to and they are cheaper. Just wondering what other peoples advice is.

Thanks, Trenton

I have Nissan Oem's $25 @ the JY but $400 at the dealer. I really like them.

For a casual wheeler either one will do. More agressive, I'd lean towards warn.\

If you rock crawl you can order 'breakable' internals for the warn that replace easily and fail before other, more expensive, components break.

I had MM's on my Mini Me and they worked just fine for easy to medium wheeling, but if you plan on wheeling more hardcore, I'd go with the Warn hubs.

I love and have no problems with either set of hubs, but I wheel King MUCH harder than Mini ever got wheeled. :aok:

Thanks, I'm leaning more towards the mile markers, Does anyone know if you have to modify the center caps on the legos to get them to fit?

You will need to clearance the hub hole slightly. I enlarged mine to the groove that runs around the factory hole. I just made many relief cuts from the center hold to near the groove with a hacksaw, and then snapped the keys off with a pair of pliers. I then used a round file to smooth the rough and uneven edges in plastic and work up toward the groove. This is for Warns. I don't know about the Mile Markers.

Edited by RJSquirrel

I've only heard of Warn Hubs exploding once, and that was here. I've seen two mile markers and a stock hub on an xterra be destroyed in ONE DAY!! Two other mile markers on a different trip destoyed by a pathy(hoohaa's), but I was guiding a different group that day so I heard about it at camp that night. I have a slightly busted Warn premium on the drivers side from a road accident..(the warn hub ripped off some morons bumper that pulled out in front of my pathy) I have been wheeling on that hub a few times since expecting it to blow at any time... It's still holding up good.

P1060788.jpg

I have a slightly busted Warn premium on the drivers side from a road accident..(the warn hub ripped off some morons bumper that pulled out in front of my pathy) I have been wheeling on that hub a few times since expecting it to blow at any time... It's still holding up good.

Testify! :clap:

I have MMs personally (got em used on top of it). Great for my use, proably not the strongest on the block though. I think I remember someone saying the bolts that hold the face on are a weak link :shrug:

You WILL need to modify the centers for MMs on the chrome wheel centers (the dorky little centers) so I would sumise Lego centers would need modified as well. Now if you could score some factory manual hubs :wub:

I would luv to score some OEM manual hubs myself. I hear the best place to look is on HardBodies. What would be totally awesome would be a set of factor manual hubs attached to the Patrol H233B front axle.

I contacted Warn about my busted hub cap since I saw people on here talking about getting free parts from them.

I just got my brand new replacement cap in the mail and all I can say is WOW!!! I didn't have to pay for shipping or anything...

When it comes time to buy hubs for the D44, I'll definitely buy Warn Premiums.. Not to mention looking into a winch from them if I can save up some $$$.

P1070041.jpg

P1070042.jpg

P1070043.jpg