Maximum tire size on stock 15" rim

usiphi246

So I have got two flats in the last 4 days, so I think it is time for new tires...Don't have the money (or wife's permission)to do new rims/spacers, but I am tired of the tiny stock tires. What is the maximum size I can put on the stock chrome rims? Thanks!

A member in Woodland Park Colorado! WOOT! You're just a stones throw from me. What do you have on there now? 265/70/15? The aforementioned size is what mine had when I got it, and is what the factory states is the size the vehicle needs IIRC. It works out to be about 29 inches in diameter by 10.5 inches wide.

A hair bigger should be ok, as kefferjoe posted, a 265/75/15, but I don't recall that size being very common around here, you might not have a lot of choices of brand/tread pattern.

Perhaps a 30/1050/15? *edit Nope that size is even less common, but it was one of the search options so I know they exist.

I put 31/1050/15's on but I got new rims with the needed backspacing. I'm still waiting to gather the last pieces for my lift, but it works still.

Edited by clkindred

K just looked at a tire website and you can get BFG AT's in 30/950/15, so that is a 30 inch diameter tire, but 9.5 inches wide. The tire being an inch skinner than stock might help it fit without rubbing the front swaybar.

Thanks for the info! It currently has 235/75/15 on it...I'm mostly worried about it hitting the front strut/spring perch. 30x9.5 may not be a bad option, just a little narrow.

Thanks for the info! It currently has 235/75/15 on it...I'm mostly worried about it hitting the front strut/spring perch. 30x9.5 may not be a bad option, just a little narrow.

If you have 235/75/15's right now, then they are the same width as the 30/950/15. :itsallgood: