Front tire lift

WarehouseRat

I was just wondering if anyone here has experienced lifting a front tire off the ground while turning on pavement, I'm pretty sure thats what happened, it was kinda cool but weird at the same time, a guy in a yj was all thumbs up at the next light, so im sure something happened cause it caught his eye

• Like 1

Didn't like the response in the Facebook PoHo? lol.

turning, 5mph, with a jab to the throttle in 1st gear.

Like I said, it's going to be easier to do turning one direction, than the other, because of the rear suspension set up with the panhard bar. It's just the design of the suspension as a whole.

• Like 1

Swaybar is removed, all bushings are new through the whole vehicle, new springs, and shocks it not a issue with suspension, im not looking for a anwser to as why I already know why. I did it, and was able to repeat it rather easily turning to the left, combination of good suspension, and tires with a lot of grip and right amount of weight transfer, and timing.

Edited by WarehouseRat
  • Like 1

I personally hope you don't have any of the site logos on your truck while diving on public streets in that kind of manner, kind of like condoning street racing (in a different sence), and on our smaller nimble suv's, generally the suspension goal is to be able to flex and keep 4 wheels ON the ground as much as possible. On a separate note though I DID use to find humor in pulling the front wheels by knowing how the feather the gas and clutch on my one 4x HB that had a bit too stiff of rear leafs... Ahh high school...

• Like 1

first off did i say i did it while driveing intentually :scratchhead: , no i did not so dont assume im some smartass punk kids doing dumb antics. No I will not put a NPORA decal on my pathy for fear you maybe associated with me in anyway, so you assumed twice in the same post.

• Like 1

Calm down hero... I said "I" did that as a kid, didn't say you "were" one.

Swaybar is removed, all bushings are new through the whole vehicle, new springs, and shocks it not a issue with suspension, im not looking for a anwser to as why I already know why. I did it, and was able to repeat it rather easily turning to the left, combination of good suspension, and tires with a lot of grip and right amount of weight transfer, and timing.

Can you actually read what you post? Did I say purposefully? Read YOUR post here "I was able to repeat it rather easily turning left" Sorry I don't share your same outlook on how driving on public roads trying to pull wheels off the ground is a good image for the four wheel drive community and responsible manners. We all did stupid things but I'm guess ing theres a reason you took this post down from the poho group on FB (didn't see any of the replys there but here's where I WILL assume it wasn't all thumbs up).

• Like 1

repeated for mechanical reasons, not for anything you may thinks and not on the street, but in a warehouse parking lot on private property, so again your wrong, why dont you use your mod status and lock the thread or better yet remove it since everyone here just seems to wanna start @!*% as far as im concerned your the same

Edited by WarehouseRat
  • Like 1

No one is STARTING anything. you're the one that seems to be hot on the trigger with throwing accusations. Get your head straight dude.

Really, everytime someone says something he doesn't like, he flys off the handle like a huffy, puffy, 2 year old. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

With my rear sway bar removed and the front end cranked up to the point that I have hardly any downward travel for the front wheels; I know exactly what you are talking about and have pretty much perfected the "art" of 3 wheel motion. Turning both ways... The question I have for you is.. How long can YOU hold that tire off the ground??? I can get the front tire smoking on a concrete parking lot. lmao

I do it on the public streets ALL THE TIME.(because I know just how fast I can turn w/out rolling and I hate driving on roads so faster = less time behind the wheel) :whocares: It's my truck and I do all types of illegal stuff in it with no worries. The list includes:

3 wheeling, speeding,(unless I'm speeding up or slowing down) NOT wearing my seat belt,(it's my life, I say write me a ticket if you want pigs) Jumping curbs to aviod traffic, and I talk mad $#!* on my PA system to people who need to hear it. Not to mention that I would blow my super loud air horn at the slightest driver mistake.(until it got ripped off from blazing thru a big water puddle at high speed..karma.?)

Ok, so one other person has mad props for tripod action, TC... :clap:

I think I may have done this a time or two in my first pathy (it having been a manual tranny) when I was trying to jump through a slot in traffic or such. Hard to tell from the inside though, it did feel strange.

My second pathy hasn't exhibited the same trait though, it being an automagic tranny and all. I seriously doubt it could pull up it's own pants, much less a wheel...

B