Dog Days

jwmyers23

Here was our dog Beaker the day we got her...

1229978025.jpg

and about a year later....

1238820562.jpg

Unfortunatly we had to give her away. She was getting a bit to agressive around my son a few months after he was born. Found a good home for her in Bonney Lake. She was mix of Lab and Redbone Coon Hound(and devil if you ask my wife). She was my pal and very jealous. My kids who begged for a dog never wanted to spend the time to play and train with her. I did a bunch of training and had her on the right track, but without help, it was hard. Oh well, I kinda knew it would happen. The family that adopted her had two teenage girls to wanted to get into competions as they had with previous dogs. She was smart, very smart. Im very confident she has the life she wanted now. I still miss her from time to time.

Here is my beautiful princess pumpkin poo dog. lmao(her name is Jackie, but we all call her poo dog, princess, punkin, punka poo dog, and any combo of the BPPPD.(unless she's in trouble... Then it's JACKIE!!!) She's a heeler.(Australian Cattle Dog) By far the smartest dog I've ever known.

She an offroader.

KatemcyRocks5-07009.jpg

She's a family dog.

P1040056.jpg

She's a hooker,,er I mean fisherdog. She dealt with having that hook in her ear like a champ. Just laid there trusting dad with the cutters and barely flinched when I cut off the eye of the hook, and then just laid there and let me pull it the rest of the way thru.

2010-06-06155643.jpg

She's also famous. lol

JackieNewspaperPic.jpg

Edited by TrailChaser

this is my family. i'm not a big people person. these dogs have been better than any human, man or woman, i've ever met, (tied with my mom).

This is Shasta, this pic is from her 10th Birthday, (she's 10 1/2 now), and she's in great shape! she has a little arthritis in 2 of her toes on her paw, but it doesnt affect her very much. she has a little grey on her chin, but she gets mistaken for a much younger dog all the time. i hope she lives another 10 years! i got her at 3 months from the SPCA. i think she's a lab/border collie/shepard mix. she's been very healthy throughout her life, she's very smart and she has a great personality!

IMG_3771.jpg

And this is her little sister, Dakota. this is pic is from the day we brought her home, about 1 year ago. she's just 2 months in this pic. and she's just over 1 year now. i think she's a pure bred red heeler, australian cattle dog, she's just a little small, about 40lbs. she still may fill out a bit, but she wont get any taller/longer, and she's quite short. we picked her up at somebody's acreage outside of town. they werent breeders, they just had a female red heeler who got knocked up by their neighbours blue heeler. i saw Dakota's mom, she was a regular, full size cattle dog, and all the pups looked pure bred. they all have the white forehead stripe mark called the "bentley mark" which came from the original cattle dog 125 years ago in Australia. she only had 4 brothers and sisters, so 5 total pups, and i didnt think there was a "runt" with so few pups in a litter, they could have all found a nipple easy, and they were all the same size when i picked her up at 2 months. maybe her dad was small, or maybe he was even mixed with a smaller Australian Kelpie? they look very similar to the cattle dog, and i think they were also originally mixed with the dogs to create the cattle dog 125+ years ago. I didnt see her dad, but Dakota does have a fair bit of black on her, and she wouldnt if both her parents were red heelers, so it makes sense her dad was blue. anyways, her size really doesnt matter. she's smart, in great shape and healthy, and she has a great personality, and thats all that matters. my 2 girls have very different personalities, but they're both very balanced and smart. dakota loves all people and dogs, and shasta is really only interested in me. but neither one of them are scared of anything, and they both love the outdoors.

100_1107.jpg

They both love the water! real water dogs, they cant get enough of it. we live right beside lake ontario, and the dogs get to go swimming almost everyday. Shasta evens swims in the height of winter. i've even seen her break thin ice to go swimming! she's crazy, but the cold doesnt seem to bother her.

IMG_3694.jpg

i think little Dakota has become such a strong swimmer from watching Shasta. they both jump into the water doing a "deer jump", and i think the little one learned it from watching Shasta. she's full of spunk right now, a real little beast. if i didnt have time for her she would be very destructive and wild i think. but luckily i have the time/patience. she'll be a great dog when she's older.

IMG_3678.jpg

There's no other girl i'd rather have in my life than these 2!

Edited by shasdakota