'Idle mixture' adjustment screw

Does anyone know here the thread is located that covers the topic of a 'Idle mixture screw' which is located. This mystery screw is located on the driver's side bottom in the back of the throttle body. I ran across the tread once before but can't remember under what topic it was on.

Thanks,

KM

clockwise leans the mixture.

It does not control air into the intake.

It controls how much air gets sucked past the MAF.

Less air past the MAF (clockwise) tells the ecu that it is getting less air and thus it reduces fuel.

IIRC This adjustment does not effect rpm ranges above 2800 because that's when the O2 takes over for fuel metering

clockwise leans the mixture.

It does not control air into the intake.

It controls how much air gets sucked past the MAF.

Less air past the MAF (clockwise) tells the ecu that it is getting less air and thus it reduces fuel.

IIRC This adjustment does not effect rpm ranges above 2800 because that's when the O2 takes over for fuel metering

Has anyone seen or experienced any benefits to adjusting this screw. Such as change in mileage or performance? I'm curious, because now that I've located and fixed 2 vacuum line leaks, I still get a bit of a rough-idle as it warms up. Coming down from fast idle, when it reaches about 12-1500 rpm's it starts to idle rough then as it continues to warm up and settles into full idle at 8-900 rpm it idles so smooth It's hard to notice it's running! Mileage hasn't been the best, but it's a significant improvement over where i was at 8 MPG.

Thanks,

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. But isn't that for the idle speed? I am referring to a small screw, similar to what older single cylinder motorcycle carburetors had on them. It's located on the drivers side (left) as your facing forward in the drivers seat. At the bottom corner of the Throttle Body.

Thanks,