transmission swap

robg

I have a 1995 pathfinder with a blown auto trans and can get a 1992 parts truck with a 5spd will the 5 spd from the `92 go into the 1995 and has anyone done this

Firstly you may need to work on some punctuation skills.

Secondly plenty of people have done 5 speed swaps including me, it is useful to search sometimes.

Thirdly a 5 speed from a 92 will fit in a 95. However, you must use the transfer case from the 95 as 1993 onwards had electronic speedometers and pre 1993 had mechanical.

Cut him some slack. He's from Canada LOL! J/K.

As mentioned, search. There's a few write-ups with lots of details. You can do the swap. You'll have to remove the pilot converter (it's a thick washer pressed into the back of the crankshaft so you can properly mount up the flywheel. It would also help if your Pathfinder is 2wd or 4wheel drive. I think there are slight variations in the transmission crossmember but again, search is your friend.

To correct Beastpath,

You can use any year trasnfer case you want. 94-95 model pathfinders converted to electrical sensors and doodads but all you have to do is put all your electrical doodads onto the donor part.

As mentioned, search. There's a few write-ups with lots of details. You can do the swap. You'll have to remove the pilot converter (it's a thick washer pressed into the back of the crankshaft so you can properly mount up the flywheel. It would also help if your Pathfinder is 2wd or 4wheel drive. I think there are slight variations in the transmission crossmember but again, search is your friend.

To correct Beastpath,

You can use any year trasnfer case you want. 94-95 model pathfinders converted to electrical sensors and doodads but all you have to do is put all your electrical doodads onto the donor part.

Thanks I have done a bit of searching and found a good article on 96-99, but not a lot of detail on earlier model swaps, bought my parts truck today $250 bucks complete, and start this weekend on the project...

I just did this. Donor was a 90 into a 95. I kept the 90 transfer case, because I read somewhere that it was a heavy duty one compared to others?( feel free to chime in here) I, of course, forgot to get the speedo cable from the donor so I have no idea how fast I'm going. Actually I use a GPS to tell me, but some day i will get a cable. Hey, that leads me to a question.....Will a cable connect to mine, meaning the speedo dial on the dash?

Uhhhhh, I just noticed the pilot convertor thing. I didn't know about this and I don't think I removed it!!!!! The truck drives perfect though and the flywheel mounted (I thought) normally. Now I'm going to have bad dreams tonight!!!!

Uhhhhh, I just noticed the pilot convertor thing. I didn't know about this and I don't think I removed it!!!!! The truck drives perfect though and the flywheel mounted (I thought) normally. Now I'm going to have bad dreams tonight!!!!

I think you will be ok. When I did mine the bushing I took out of the crank end looked and measured exactly the same as the one I put in there.

I just did this. Donor was a 90 into a 95. I kept the 90 transfer case, because I read somewhere that it was a heavy duty one compared to others?( feel free to chime in here) I, of course, forgot to get the speedo cable from the donor so I have no idea how fast I'm going. Actually I use a GPS to tell me, but some day i will get a cable. Hey, that leads me to a question.....Will a cable connect to mine, meaning the speedo dial on the dash?

You have a 95 so you should just be able to pop the electronic speedo sensor from your old tcase into the 90 one.

You have a 95 so you should just be able to pop the electronic speedo sensor from your old tcase into the 90 one.

Yes easily done, just change the the sensor in the the transfer case, both should be a TX10.

To correct Beastpath,

Not to worry, Thanks for the good comment, those who don`t me shouldn`t throw stones, Started working on moving all the parts from my `02 pathfinder standard trans to my 1995 nice to have a full shop to work in....