Should I buy this/Would any one want parts

I found this the other day. The guy says it runs but you can't drive it because when you press the gas it sputters and hesitates and won't drive. He mentioned he changed the plugs, wires, and cap then it ran rough so he swapped the computer for his buddies that was two years newer, and it wouldnt start on that computer so he put his in and now it wont accelerate all the time and you cant drive it. I was thinking maybe a TPS problem or he fried something swapping computers. Either was he told me he would take 500 for it. I now I need a new third member cause i blew my pinion. and i need some misc stuff. I wouldnt mind having these parts available. I think it is a good deal either way if i get it running I could sell it/wheel it or if not I have my own personal junkyard.....what would you guys do/would any of you need/want to buy some parts from it from me????

Thanks for taking a look.as usual input is appreciated.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2456608517.html

Edited by Mauitrailguy

Buy it. It's not a TPS issue, I've driven mine many times without one - still am. TBI Pathfinders don't care much about the sensor as it's ONLY an idle switch for these. I'll bet a little common sense and a few bucks in parts that that'll be a good running rig.

I bought it, It does have a MT. Interior is clean, Charcoal/Brown color. It runs but wont go above 2000 RPM. Blowing a bit of smoke. Both brake and oil light were on while it was running. dont know exactly what route im going to take with this thing. I will post pics on Friday and a Vid of it running maybe you guys can help me figue it out...engine only has 150k and i could use it the rest is first come first serve.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=5194&st=0

here is the link but the pics are dead . my path was running like crap and sputtering and smoking and raw fuel coming out the tail pipe i guess it was in "safe mode" wouldnt let me go pass 2300rpms but you should try cleaning that and see if it works i cleaned mine with carb cleaner and bloew off the cleaner with my mouth cause i didnt want to hook up air to it and ruin the little wire thingy but if you try it hope it runs better and fixes the problem and then you have 2 pahtys

Clean the maf, that is the most common problem when it wont rev up. My connection was loose and it blew white smoke, and took 2-3 minutes too hit 3,000 rpm with the throttle pinned.

Where is it located??