3 in" Suspension Lift shocks

LukeB

I am going to piece together the lift kit I think, it seems cheaper than buying the kit.

My question is, will the stock shocks work for a while or are they entirely too short? And if so, does anyone know the part # for what I'll need?

Rear shocks are far too short. Just buy shocks for a 3" lift.

Front struts don't change. When you lift the front you're just changing the amount of upward and downward travel of the suspension. The higher you go, the less upward travel there is, and the more downward travel, and visa-versa. That MIGHT be opposite though

The only longer after market shocks I see are 0-2.5" Lift shocks, any idea where to get the proper ones for the rear?

Or will that work?

Also, are the aftermarket torsion bars necessary? I've heard from a few people around here that the stock are plenty strong to hold up to 2.5"-3" of lift out of them..

Edited by LukeB

I lifted the rear on mine with V8 GJC springs and 96 F150 4X4 rear shocks. You have to press out the lower rubber bushing and reuse the bushings from you stock shocks. The last one I bought was a monroe for $24 each. The front torsion bars are fine you just need aftermarket upper control arms.

James

I used XJ Lift springs sold by rough country and was topping out the stockers on every turn. By the time I replaced them (1 week) the internals were so trashed you could slide them in and out with NO effort at all.