OME rear only upgrade? For now

erathge

Hey Guys,

Im new to this forum, but have been referencing it ever since i got my Pathy a year and a half ago so i decided it was finally time to join. I had bad rear suspension sag and after some research have decided to just order OME MD rear coils, and OME MD shocks for now since money is tight. I know there might be a forum on here about this already, but i cant find it.

Does anyone have pictures of their truck after just doing the rear with OME coil springs? Or could you send me a link to another thread where this is discussed?

How much is the pathfinder going to look like a muscle car sitting high at the back? How much higher will it be at the back than the front stock suspension?

Is there any way to raise the front up a little without replacing the coils or the struts? Spacers or something?

Thanks in advance for your input! Glad to be part of this forum finally!

I ran OME just in the back for 3 years and I thought it was fine, but it is a bit higher in the back.

123_1.jpg

This is OME HD springs and shocks in the rear only. This is loaded for camping and the parts are about 2 1/2 years old at this point.

Thanks guys. Look forward to seeing some more pictures and hearing some more insight. Sounds like it shouldn't be too bad, hopefully the fronts aren't terrible.

I ordered the 1/2" lift coil springs from 4x4parts.com... They should be here this Thursday, and will hopefully have time to install them this weekend.

I just replaced the shocks so far... Not with the OME ones, but some Gabriels. (money was tight) The Gabriels seem fine so far. The factory Nissans were a little tired after 78k.

Edited by Panbacca

• 2 weeks later...

Any input on just adding the 1" spacers from NX4 Industries to the stock front suspension to level out the truck a little more for now?

Funny you ask. I purchased some used from one of the memebers on this site several months ago and I still have yet to install them. I'll do some measurments before and after to give you an idea of the actual lift difference. I just want to level out my rake a little more.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally had a chance to put the parts in last week, i really like the improvement in ride quality. OME 922 medium springs and nitro charger shocks in rear. My rear suspension was totally shot! These pics are right after install. I guess depends on how it settles out, but i might add some NX4 strut spacers in the front in the future. Anyone selling? :laugh:

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

Edited by erathge