Plug by computer under pass front seat..

zack1978

HI everyone,

Since I am dealing with the "fire" issues, I pulled the seats out....About a year ago I was still fighting the random CEL issue (now I just gave up and deal with the random light), and the shop swapped computers to see if that would help..it didn't. But when I got the truck back from the shop the ABS brake light was on. The shop was not sure why the light was on, so I just gave up. Well today I noticed that a plug/harness toward the front right side near the computer was unplugged. I plugged it back in, and the ABS light is now out. Any ideas as to what the plug/harness is for? I know it has something to do with the ABS, but what else? I have driven the truck without that plug attached for over a year, what harm might it have caused?

Thanks,

Zack

Not 100% sure with the pathy but with other cars I have it it is electrically disconnected it just makes the anti-lock portion of the brakes inoperable but otherwise they work fine, power and all. Likely no damage. Possibly some link between the ECU and ABS module but my guess would be its just to communicate ABS faults and trigger the ABS light...but this is speculation.