Parts for 1991 Terrano R3M TD27T

Hey guys,

I'm in need of some help. I've been looking everywhere but cant seem to find the answer to my question.

I have a right hand drive 1991 Nissan Terrano R3M TD27T (turbo diesel). I live in Canada, so the Terrano isnt in the computer at the Nissan dealer. Does anyone know which 1991 Pathfinder will match my Terrano for parts? The part #'s are different for Pathfinder SE/LE etc. and I'm not sure which model my Terrano matches up with. And either does the dealer. Can anyone help me with this?

Also, I need a lock assembly for my front RH door, but since i have a right hand drive, and the lock assembly should control everything on the drivers side door, it wont fit on my right hand drive if i order a lock assembly for the drivers side door of a regular Pathfinder, and if I order a lock assembly for the RH door of a Pathfinder, it wont be able to control all the necessary components. See my problem?

Does anyone know where I can order Terrano parts made for right hand drive vehicle's?

Is there anyway to order original parts from Japan?

Also, there isnt any sticker for tire size on my truck. It came with 28.5" tires, but it looks like I have a lot of room still. Does anyone know if I can fit 31"x10.5"xR15 tires on a stock 1991 Nissan Terrano R3M TD27T without trimming anything or cranking torsion bars, etc?

Thanks for all your time, I appreciate any feedback,

Josh

Most pathfinders came with those 31x10.5R15 tires so you can easily fit those. As for the other problems I'm not really sure about.. One would assume that nearly all parts would be compatible with each other. If all doesn't end up working you could always rig something up to work. :shrug:

Lock issue... Worst case scenario try biting one of the overseas members for some spare pieces (there's quite a fiew actives, check the ozzy thread to start). Tire question? There is literally TONS of info on that subject around here, just gotta look around some. (and as you already got, 31s were a factory optioned size)

You could always solve all problems and just sell me the RHD truck :shrug:

And welcome to NPORA... We like pics

Thanks for the help guys.

From what I understand only the Terrano SE/Pathfinder SE came with 31's. I dont know what the R3M turbo diesel (TD27T engine) came with? I know you guys dont like answering redundant questions, but beleive me, I've been pouring over info all over the place, and I cant find the answers to these q's. So if any has any further info, I'd appreciate it.

I also read 31's are supposed to go onto a minimum 15x7 wheel, and stock nissans (besides the SE) come with 15x6 wheels (I imagine the SE came with 15x7's for their 31" tire) but I read that 31's will fit onto the stock 15x6 wheel, and wear properly if i keep it down around 26psi. I read if i do this, it should fit on my stock Terrano without a lift or any trimming. Or maybe my turbo diesel came with 31's also? I really dont know. there is no sticker left on my truck. there does seem to be a lot of space with the 28.5's on there right now.

I'll get some pics up when i get those 31's on. as is, its pretty much stock, I havent added anything myself yet. It came with a small bull bar, wind shield covers over the windows, fog lights (which have since broke), and a few interior after market electronics, but thats it. And since I've been looking at pics of the Terrano, I'm not even sure if the bull bar and wind shields are after market parts? It seems like alot of Terrano's have the exact same bull bar/wind shields I do. maybe they were a factory extra? I dont know, not all of them have it, but a lot do from the pics I've seen, just seems like a weird co-incidence.

Dont get me wrong, I want to do a 2" susp lift and use 15x8 steel wheels, but I just cant afford a susp lift kit right now, and i really need new tires. I dont want to buy 28.5's just to replace them in a year or so when i do the lift.

I'd like to fit the 31's on my stock 15x6 wheels until then, and hopefully i wont need to do any trimming, or at least minimal trimming.

If anyone knows about fitting 31's onto a 1991 Nissan Terrano R3M turbo diesel (TD27T engine), without a lift, I'd appreciate it. And if anyone has any info regarding parts I'd appreciate that to. I would think most parts would be compatable with the Pathfinder also, but they do use different part #'s for different Pathfinder models, which leads me to believe they could be slightly different. and I cant return anything i order from the dealer. If anyone knows exactly which model this Terrano turbo diesel matches, I would greatly appreciate that info as well.

Thanks again for all the help guys. I've been pouring over all the info regarding my issues, and I've learned alot along the way, and also learned a lot about other interesting topics that caught my attention. I did a lot of bookmarking!

Josh

Edited by shasdakota

a pic or 2 can help us with identifying your wind shield (im thinking ventshades or monsoons) and bull bar issue

31s on the steelie 6"ers... been done without issue around the boards a bit, adjust your air pressure accodringly (the tire brand/style matters and is a variable as well for exact pressure)

This is my truck.

I didnt take this picture, I found it on the internet while i was searching for Nissan Terrano info. I know its my truck because of all the after market accessories, and the stickers (which I have since removed).

Anyways, i've seen this exact bull bar and wind shields on several other Terrano's pic's, maybe its from Nissan...

mytruck.jpg

well, i just answered my own questions. I can see Nissan stickers on that bull bar, which have since fallen off. must be a factory extra...

i want to get a bit beefier bumper for a winch anyways, when i can afford it...

edit- went out to look at my wind shields, and yep, there's a faded nissan logo on one of them...

2 of them have also cracked. i have to take them off. gonna try sliding dental floss in between the wind sheild and truck door, and use "BG 244 injector cleaner" or "3M adhesive remover". I'll wait 'till summer for them to heat up real good, or maybe use a hair drier also. Thats what I read would work best anyways. If anyone has any experience removing that sort of thing, please chime in.

i'll probably paint that little bull bar and the factory wheels black until i can afford steel wheels and a real bumper...

Edited by shasdakota

If anyone has used Toyo Open Country A/T 31"x10.5"xR15 tires on factory Nissan 15x6 wheels, I'd appreciate hearing your experience, and exactly what psi you ran the tires at.

Thanks guys...

well guys, after a few days of extensive internet searching, i do believe I've found out about the correct tire size for the 1991 Nissan Terrano R3M TD27T RHD Turbo Diesel.

and they are 215SR15.... (about 28"x8.5"xR15)

bummer. was really hoping they might have been the 31's....

I got P235x75xR15 on there now, which equal about 28.5"x9.25"xR15, and they fit great. It still looks like i have a lot of room, I'm thinking i will try putting 31's on the stock wheels. plan on doing everything right in about a year anyways, hopefully i wont mess up how the tire wears in that time.

At least any future Turbo Diesel owners will know the stock tire size now....

EDIT- Heres the link for 1989-1992 Terrano R3M TD27T specs

http://specs.cars-directory.net/nissan/terrano/2.7DT_R3m_16867.html

Edited by shasdakota

well guys, after a few days of extensive internet searching, i do believe I've found out about the correct tire size for the 1991 Nissan Terrano R3M TD27T RHD Turbo Diesel.

and they are 215SR15.... (about 28"x8.5"xR15)

bummer. was really hoping they might have been the 31's....

I got P235x75xR15 on there now, which equal about 28.5"x9.25"xR15, and they fit great. It still looks like i have a lot of room, I'm thinking i will try putting 31's on the stock wheels. plan on doing everything right in about a year anyways, hopefully i wont mess up how the tire wears in that time.

At least any future Turbo Diesel owners will know the stock tire size now....

EDIT- Heres the link for 1989-1992 Terrano R3M TD27T specs

http://specs.cars-directory.net/nissan/terrano/2.7DT_R3m_16867.html

When I bought my TD27T it was ex Japan (2nd hand import). It had what I thought was 30" tyres on it from factory and I replaced them with 31" tyres.

I have seen many here in the car sales directly imported from Japan and they all have the same size tyres. I did notice that my GPS read the correct speed in sync with the speedo when I went up to the 31" tyres too, before it was nearly 4km/h out.

This is my truck.

I didnt take this picture, I found it on the internet while i was searching for Nissan Terrano info. I know its my truck because of all the after market accessories, and the stickers (which I have since removed).

Anyways, i've seen this exact bull bar and wind shields on several other Terrano's pic's, maybe its from Nissan...

mytruck.jpg

I SEE HEADLIGHT WASHERS!!!

kiwipete- thats interesting about your TD27T... I was going to put in a 2-3" Body Lift to fit the 31's, but I'm wondering if maybe i should try fitting them without the body lift first? Do you know what size your stock wheels were? Cause unless they were 15x7 like the SE, they're probably 15x6.5 which arent supposed to fit 31's (although i know you can still use them if you wanted to). I havent had mine off to measure, and I cant find the specs anywhere. I'm going to order some 15x7 steelies with 3.75" back spacing and pick up some 31's. probably try fitting them before i bother with the body lift. keep all you TD27T owners posted...

kiwipete- thats interesting about your TD27T... I was going to put in a 2-3" Body Lift to fit the 31's, but I'm wondering if maybe i should try fitting them without the body lift first? Do you know what size your stock wheels were? Cause unless they were 15x7 like the SE, they're probably 15x6.5 which arent supposed to fit 31's (although i know you can still use them if you wanted to). I havent had mine off to measure, and I cant find the specs anywhere. I'm going to order some 15x7 steelies with 3.75" back spacing and pick up some 31's. probably try fitting them before i bother with the body lift. keep all you TD27T owners posted...

My stock rims were 15x7 (was stamped on them) with -24 offset. They were alloy mags.

I just did a 2" suspension lift for my tyres when I got them. No need for the B/L unless you are going bigger.

There's a LHD TD27 in a u-pull-it near where I live, you need anything in the next month and a half I'd be happy to acquire and ship for you.

You should grab the power steering unit off it. Modify it for a beefed up drag link!

And it has probably got all the chrome add-ons too, grille, mirrors, corner lights, oh, and a LSD.

Edited by kiwipete

The exterior has been ran thru quite a bit. No doors, front or rear bumper, lights, etc. So I reckon the chrome bits and pieces are all gone. Spotted if from a distance while acquiring new seats for my M3 project.

If I could somehow get that motor to conform to US emission standards it would be in my suitcase!

Edited by HydroCeramics

• 2 months later...

HydroCeramics- just noticed your offer! thats very considerate, i really appreciate the offer.

i've recently done a big parts order from Nissan, and i've aquired a few other parts from scrapped Pathy's, there's not much i need left now besides some interior parts, and a front left fender, but i can pull that from any Pathy.

the only thing i can think of right now that i need for a TD27T is a intake manifold gasket, but it not like they're re-useable, so i dont think i need anything right now off a TD27T. thanks a lot for the offer though, i'll get back to you if i think of something.

Thanks,

Josh