I wish they offered these factory cup holders in America

jwblue

I had the factory super deep console with two flip down cup holders in my truck. They worked pretty good, but if anything dribbled, it went all over everything else in your console. They worked great up until my buddy's dog trampled them one adventure weekend.

tungsten, you have obviously never commuted to work for any decent amount of time. It's the most annoying thing to be missing from a vehicle. I dunno, i guess the japanese never had to drive their vehicles very far. ask any canadian commuter (especially ones from southern ontario) they love their coffee with a drive to work. :coffee!:

I had the factory super deep console with two flip down cup holders in my truck. They worked pretty good, but if anything dribbled, it went all over everything else in your console.

Exactly! That is the reason why I only use spill proof containers in those.

tungsten, you have obviously never commuted to work for any decent amount of time. It's the most annoying thing to be missing from a vehicle.

If you don't want to be missing from the vehicle then why not get out sooner?

Actually, I commute daily and find it distracting to be drinking something while driving. I can wait between meals and drinks too like I get along just fine with 2 or 3 meals per day. If I had to drive somewhere far there are plenty of other things I could be doing except sipping on coffee. If I wanted coffee I would drink it before heading out. Too much coffee is bad for you anyhow.

Edited by Tungsten
  • Like 1

I don't use the console cup holders, but my passengers do. And if I'm taking food home, I'd rather put drinks in holders than worry about drenching my carpets every time I hit the brakes. My dad's R50 (pretty sure) had a fold-out cup holder in the back of the console, which was great. Come to think of it, that would be a great mod for the...

... this counts as feeding the troll, doesn't it? :doh:

I guess they didn't have those fast food cups in Japan back in the day. I would rather not drink anything out of those fountains anyway. If I'm taking fast food home, I don't get the drinks. It saves a lot of money and that stuff spills regardless if you have a cup holder or not. Once you hit the brakes too hard drinks will fly out of cup holders.

LOL Tungsten you fail. Hard. I'd have to find somewhere else for my change but I think I'm going to try and snag one of those factory units. That thing is perfect for my coffee cup!

Actually... I've seen a few cars in the junk yard with the same kind of ash tray holder. Bet I could make one...

Edited by Kingman

Are you saying that things don't spill out of cup holders? If so then you're mistaken. Obviously it's better if the cup holder is there to hold your beverage but why provoke yourself putting it there? If you slam on your brakes, your drink will go flying regardless, it's basic physics.

If you want coffee all over your window and climate controls in case you have to hit the brakes really hard then go ahead use an ash tray cup holder.

Edited by Tungsten

Technically since it's a factory piece (all be it an obsolete, almost impossible to find piece), it is the exact opposite of being "ghetto". Screwing universal ones on would fall into that category LONG before a Nissan made piece specifically FOR a wd21/d21. (no offense to the person who actually did that since I know it wasn't you)

Be kinda like calling a factory clinometer 'rigged' when properly installed using all the correct hardware and all but thinking your a genius for gluing a plastic dollar store bubble level to your dashboard...

That's my truck it's not "screwed" in. I Velcro it cause I never kno if I need to take it out

Are you saying that things don't spill out of cup holders? If so then you're mistaken. Obviously it's better if the cup holder is there to hold your beverage but why provoke yourself putting it there? If you slam on your brakes, your drink will go flying regardless, it's basic physics.

If you want coffee all over your window and climate controls in case you have to hit the brakes really hard then go ahead use an ash tray cup holder.

:lol:

I had the factory super deep console with two flip down cup holders in my truck. They worked pretty good, but if anything dribbled, it went all over everything else in your console. They worked great up until my buddy's dog trampled them one adventure weekend.

tungsten, you have obviously never commuted to work for any decent amount of time. It's the most annoying thing to be missing from a vehicle. I dunno, i guess the japanese never had to drive their vehicles very far. ask any canadian commuter (especially ones from southern ontario) they love their coffee with a drive to work. :coffee!:

There is actually a tray that sits in to prevent drinks from spilling but everyone seems to lose them like the sunroof covers.

Edited by adamzan

Your right about slamming the brakes and what ever is in the cup holder will go flying as will anything else that is in the truck so now we aren't supposed to have anything loose in our trucks because one day if we slam on our brakes everything will go flying??

Well one day while driving a wheel may loosen and fly off to so better not drive at all I guess, LOL

So we know you don't have to have a drink while driving, and you would rather go into a fast food place to eat, and coffee is bad for us also. You feel free to continue the way you live, I personally enjoy my coffee, I smoke and yes I'm over weight too. I don't have a cup holder in either of my vehicles (unless you count my buddy that car pools with me!!), sometimes on a long drive say from here in Florida to NY there are long stretches of road where there is nothing around and waiting for the next place to stop may be a long wait. But as previously mentioned you don't like cup holders and you are entitled to your opinion, we just don't have to hear it over and over again.

Edited by ahardb0dy

Your right about slamming the brakes and what ever is in the cup holder will go flying as will anything else that is in the truck so now we aren't supposed to have anything loose in our trucks because one day if we slam on our brakes everything will go flying??

Well one day while driving a wheel may loosen and fly off to so better not drive at all I guess, LOL

So we know you don't have to have a drink while driving, and you would rather go into a fast food place to eat, and coffee is bad for us also. You feel free to continue the way you live, I personally enjoy my coffee, I smoke and yes I'm over weight too. I don't have a cup holder in either of my vehicles (unless you count my buddy that car pools with me!!), sometimes on a long drive say from here in Florida to NY there are long stretches of road where there is nothing around and waiting for the next place to stop may be a long wait. But as previously mentioned you don't like cup holders and you are entitled to your opinion, we just don't have to hear it over and over again.

I'm done debating about it because it's going nowhere. I can already see that people can't live without their cup holders and will religiously argue for them no matter what I say about them and how they're not all that necessary. At least don't mount them where they can get the drink to spill on something important.

Anything loose in a vehicle is never a good idea if you don't want any broken windows or head injuries. A wheel will not fly off ever if you know how to maintenance your vehicle. No, I don't like fast food every day, I was using it as an example.

Edited by Tungsten

I have one of these and they're the best because they're very easy to clean. I got one because I was looking into a potential drink cooler conversion. Also, the heavy arm rest on top of the original console tends to break the console.

Edited by Tungsten

maybe one of our Nissan employees can research this for us?

This is a genuine nissan part that was offered on the hardbody trucks in the US starting manufacturing date 07/93 through the end of the production run in 1997. MSRP from Nissan is $114.95. But as pointed out they are discontined. If I ever come across any new in box I will buy them....

PART NUMBER: 68430-75P00

HOLDER ASSY-CUP

Edited by Alkorahil

I can see room in an upcomming episode of Top Gear for the guys to test cornering, breaking and acceleration of their vehicles with drinks in the cupholders. Possibly best lap time without spilling your latte.

hahahahahahaha ill add my 2 cents. some of us here have added a cooler. comes with cup holders. yeh we drink in our cars. a drive between majour cities here can range from hours to days but i would like to also add. is there any model where there were cup holders in the back seat arm rest. just becouse kids cant drive for hours and hours without drinking...

here's the cooler i have in place with the cup holder. cost $20 australian

bay007.jpg

• Like 2

I've never seen rear holders in a Pathy, but if your kids aren't using the little spin-out ashtrays, you could easily mount holders there. Then again, kids slam doors... maybe a holder on the back of the cooler would work better.

But yeah, fill that cooler with bacon and you're halfway to awesomeness. (The other half involves a frying pan welded to the exhaust manifold.) :fish:

I've never seen rear holders in a Pathy, but if your kids aren't using the little spin-out ashtrays, you could easily mount holders there. Then again, kids slam doors... maybe a holder on the back of the cooler would work better.

But yeah, fill that cooler with bacon and you're halfway to awesomeness. (The other half involves a frying pan welded to the exhaust manifold.) :fish:

Actually a small inverter and a small george foreman grill and bacon comes out great!

• Like 1

This is a genuine nissan part that was offered on the hardbody trucks in thE US starting manufacturing date 07/93 through the end of the production run in 1997. MSRP from Nissan is $114.95. But as pointed out they are discontined. If I ever come across any new in box I will buy them....

PART NUMBER: 68430-75P00

HOLDER ASSY-CUP

Unbelievable.

I found one on a couple of sites.

http://www.nissanpartszone.com/parts/nissan-holder-assy-cup~68430-75p00.html

On the first one, there is a VIN search to find out if it will fit a particular vehicle.

When I copy and pasted a VIN for a 94 PF, it said that the part would not fit.

When I entered each number separately, I received an inconclusive message.

I am not sure how accurate that search is.

Maybe since it wasn't a part that was included in the vehicle, it is not coming up.

Here is a complete list of compatible vehicles.

http://www.nissanpartszone.com/Page_Product/PartsFits.aspx?partNumber=68430-75P00

In the trim column, none of them match what was offered for a Pathfinder.

Does anyone know if any Pathfinder is on that list?

Here is another site.

http://www.g35parts.com/Nissan-part-number-68430-75P00-p/68430-75p00.htm

http://www.g35parts.com/pindex.asp?Page=852

Edited by jwblue

It was primarily an option for Hardbody's not for Pathfinders so I'll bet that's why it says it wont match. Kind of silly that they didnt offer that to pathfinders as well.

I also can't comment on whether it was available from 3rd party suppliers, I just checked with Rob on Nissan's availability.

Edited by Dowser

It was primarily an option for Hardbody's not for Pathfinders so I'll bet that's why it says it wont match. Kind of silly that they didnt offer that to pathfinders as well.

I also can't comment on whether it was available from 3rd party suppliers, I just checked with Rob on Nissan's availability.

I tried a 91 and 92 Hardbody VIN and neither came up as being compatable.

Maybe since they were not originally put in the vehicle, it does not come up.

If anyone is interested, I would e-mail them.

I like the OEM one but even if my local dealer had 20 of them in stock I WOULD NOT be spending $76, or $50 to get one of them. If found in a junkyard than yeah I'd pick one up. As for spilling drinks, just because you have a cup holder with a cup in it doesn't imply the cup has an open top.

Unbelievable.

I found one on a couple of sites.

http://www.nissanpartszone.com/parts/nissan-holder-assy-cup~68430-75p00.html

On the first one, there is a VIN search to find out if it will fit a particular vehicle.

When I copy and pasted a VIN for a 94 PF, it said that the part would not fit.

When I entered each number separately, I received an inconclusive message.

I am not sure how accurate that search is.

Maybe since it wasn't a part that was included in the vehicle, it is not coming up.

Here is a complete list of compatible vehicles.

http://www.nissanpartszone.com/Page_Product/PartsFits.aspx?partNumber=68430-75P00

In the trim column, none of them match what was offered for a Pathfinder.

Does anyone know if any Pathfinder is on that list?

Here is another site.

http://www.g35parts.com/Nissan-part-number-68430-75P00-p/68430-75p00.htm

http://www.g35parts.com/pindex.asp?Page=852

Yes those websites will let you order them (so will ours), they will let you order any good Nissan part number going back to the 1960's, but then they will cancel your order because it is discontinued.

Here comes more Cup holders from Caribbean

morecupholders.jpg

We do need cup holders for cold beer, and also for Styrofoam glasses with Rum and Pepsi and Ice and lemon (Cuba Libre).

I am thinking also about USB fridge for one beer can.

Something like this:

140.jpg

or like this:

140.jpg

So this black cup holders (made in US) are no good, as beer keeps falling out when I accelerate a lot, I was thinking to add rubber band.

140.jpg

The cup holder on the A/C vent is added just to cover my A/C vent trim that was broken...

As for spilling drinks, never happened to me, just beer.

Apparently there is not OEM Beer holder.

Edited by Milos