350HP twin turbo 1995 Pathfinder buildup

For anyone that doesn't spend time in the WD21 (1995 Pathfinder) section much, you may have missed my recent 6 month buildup of a 95 Pathfinder with a VG30DETT twin turbo, intercooled 350HP monster under the hood. It is mostly completed and has already taken a maiden voyage to the sand dunes in Oklahoma. It is an absolute beast and there is much more potential to be released from this engine. If you want to see a little more about the buildup, look under "going to twin turbo pathfinder" in the 87-95 WD21 section. Here is a quick pic of engine bay.

DSC00896.jpg

DSC00895.jpg

DSC00894.jpg

Very cool! Do you have hood vents over the intercoolers?

Not yet, but there will be. On the initial test run, it was generating a little more intercooler heat than I liked, so I will try to help that with scoops in hood.

I am still waiting for the first dune footage to be mailed to me. My daughter said the file was too big to send on email and she lives about 200 miles from me now. I hope to have it in the next week or so. I will post a little bit as soon as I get it.

Not yet, but there will be. On the initial test run, it was generating a little more intercooler heat than I liked, so I will try to help that with scoops in hood.

I am still waiting for the first dune footage to be mailed to me. My daughter said the file was too big to send on email and she lives about 200 miles from me now. I hope to have it in the next week or so. I will post a little bit as soon as I get it.

Look up dropbox. It's an easy way to transfer large files.

James

When you post, click the media button (it is the one in the same row with the smiley button, it has 3 little boxes as its symbol), post the youtube link in box that appears and click insert.

sick...congrats man...that was next on my list of mods....guess now i gotta try to do a titan V8...def would be interested in complete details via PM or email if you're down for it

these hood vents may be perfect for you... (Penski61 or just Penski) on Rugged Rocks Offroad

P5268740-XL.jpg

Edited by unccpathfinder

Those vents look nice, I just dont know if they will force enough air through the intercoolers. I'm looking to do more of a ram-air type hood scoop rather than vents. Nice pics though.

Vents only force air into the engine bay when they are at the highest pressure area, which would be toward the end of the hood. You should definately go with the scoops.

fmic for the win add a efan for added cooling or methanol or even cryo spray bars, super clean bro nice build i wanna see some street pulls on dumb street racers lol now that would be classic and funny at the same time

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So does that thing measure in miles per gallon or gallons per mile? :lol:

I'd almost be willing to bet his gas mileage improved. Keep in mind, this isn't a super charger that is belt driven. Think about the 86 Buick Regal, or any Pontiac with a 3.8 liter engine, compared to the twin turbo Grand National. They all have the same 3.8 liter engine. The 86 regal got around 18 to 20mpg. My daily driver 96 Pontiac Bonneville can get around 25 mpg. My buddy's 87 Grand National with twin turbos was getting 30mpg. More power, same weight, and possibly some tuning = better fuel economy. The power to weight ratio is a huge factor in fuel economy. Corvettes get around 27mpg with their beastly V8 motors.

Diesel trucks such as 18-wheelers and Japanese box trucks commonly run twin turbos for the purpose of increasing fuel economy. I also think they run them so they can pass my pathfinder on the interstate, and make me feel bad.

Edited by Methfinder