BADLANDS! July 15,16 & 17th 2011

Slick

I am planning a weekend wheelin & camping trip to Badlands in Attica, Indiana. Any rig from stock to modified, beginner to experienced is welcome. Weekend of July 15th, 16th & 17th. (some of us are arriving on the Friday)

We need to get more Pathy's out on the trails out here! I can accommodate long distance travellers. Badlands is 3 hrs from my house. (I am in eastern Indiana near the Ohio border)

If you want to go but don't want to wheel your rig, no problem! ride with one of us!

if you want more info, please send me a message here on the forums, or email me at pathy4x4@yahoo.com :bounce:

this is the campground a short distance from Badlands we'll be staying at

Summers Campground

BadlandsMap.jpg

Edited by Slick

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well. If you pay for my gas, food, any and all repairs and a place to stay i will come spend a whole summer in the badlands. XD

lol. howzabout NO? why don't you get with Constantine and Seth about riding out together, Seth said he'd chip in for gas....

Depending on my employment status over the coming weeks, I'm not sure I'll be able to attend :(

$100 each way just for gas puts a little bit of a damper on it!

only time (and lowes hiring staff) can tell..

100 each way, pffft. I'm looking at closer too 200 and I may make it. *fingures crossed and all that BS*

like sal said... ride together ;) trying to get some of the west coast guys to do it too

You're assuming my truck can make 14 hours of travel + wheeling without having atleast 5 catastrophic failures ;)

Yep, it is a 100k pathfinder... its good for another million at least before you need replace the tire rods

You're assuming my truck can make 14 hours of travel + wheeling without having atleast 5 catastrophic failures ;)

you will also be wheeling with other pathy owners who live close (me) enuff if anything goes wrong, we have the technology (and parts) to fix it ;-)

jason is comin from michigan......

Edited by Slick

Hi Slick,

I'm interested, but I can't confirm my attendance until sometime mid June.

What kind of trail will you guys be hitting? Anything for my stock R50? Any deep water crossing or are there bypasses? And I assume wheeling will happen on Friday and Saturday, then pack up on Sunday?

I'm coming from Rochester Hills, MI. Looks like its gonna be six hours drive for me. Pathy got a 2" lift with front skid plate. Hope to get 255/85/16 KM2 and mid skid plate by then. Will I be the only one with the R50?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3385294/2000-nissan-pathfinder

Thanks,

Andrew

Edited by dududuckling

Hi Slick,

I'm interested, but I can't confirm my attendance until sometime mid June.

What kind of trail will you guys be hitting? Anything for my stock R50? Any deep water crossing or are there bypasses? And I assume wheeling will happen on Friday and Saturday, then pack up on Sunday?

I'm coming from Rochester Hills, MI. Looks like its gonna be six hours drive for me. Pathy got a 2" lift with front skid plate. Hope to get 255/85/16 KM2 and mid skid plate by then. Will I be the only one with the R50?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3385294/2000-nissan-pathfinder

Thanks,

Andrew

you'll be FINE :) we have stock to modified rigs coming, and will accommodate everyone with the trails we run. it's all about having fun and staying in 1 piece. Ryan, myself and Jason (Phantom01Pathfinder,coming from Michigan) will be going up Friday afternoon to set up camp and chill. we'll be wheeling Saturday & Sunday for whoever wants to stay. I will be wheeling both days and will leave Sunday afternoon. If we all get up there early enough Friday, maybe we'll make a run??

maybe consider rollin down with Jason? i don't know how far apart you guys are, but mebbe shoot him a Pm and see what's up? or I can call him.

do you know, i STILL have you on my yahoo messenger from, oh, 3 or 4 years back?? lol

Edited by Slick

do you know, i STILL have you on my yahoo messenger from, oh, 3 or 4 years back?? lol

Huh? You sure its me and not someone else? Lol...

Anyway, if I can make it to this event for sure, I'll PM both Jason and OldSlowReliable for possible convoy from Michigan. I definitely like the idea of staying in one piece, hahaha...

Thanks for organizing!!! :aok: :aok: :aok:

Edited by dududuckling

Huh? You sure its me and not someone else? Lol...

Anyway, if I can make it to this event for sure, I'll PM both Jason and OldSlowReliable for possible convoy from Michigan. I definitely like the idea of staying in one piece, hahaha...

Thanks for organizing!!! :aok: :aok: :aok:

it says dudduckling..... and it's from more like 5 years ago...... :blink: we musta been talking about trucks back then lols :beer:

i like staying in 1 piece too.... trail breaks are NEVER fun, but do happen.

Edited by Slick

Must have been me when I was a newbie, hahaha... its all good :aok: :aok: :aok:

yup, i know it was talkin trucks. i don't use yahoo messy anymore so i guess i just left em all on there lol

you'll be FINE :) we have stock to modified rigs coming, and will accommodate everyone with the trails we run. it's all about having fun and staying in 1 piece. Ryan, myself and Jason (Phantom01Pathfinder,coming from Michigan) will be going up Friday afternoon to set up camp and chill. we'll be wheeling Saturday & Sunday for whoever wants to stay. I will be wheeling both days and will leave Sunday afternoon. If we all get up there early enough Friday, maybe we'll make a run??

maybe consider rollin down with Jason? i don't know how far apart you guys are, but mebbe shoot him a Pm and see what's up? or I can call him.

Acutally I live in northwest Indiana (Chesterton) but I am only about 30min from Indiana/Michigan border and Indiana/Illnois border too. I wont be able to make it Friday because of work, but I will arrive early Saturday morning. If anybody wants to meet up early Saturday to head down, Ive got no problem with that :)

Acutally I live in northwest Indiana (Chesterton) but I am only about 30min from Indiana/Michigan border and Indiana/Illnois border too. I wont be able to make it Friday because of work, but I will arrive early Saturday morning. If anybody wants to meet up early Saturday to head down, Ive got no problem with that :)

ok, want me to reserve the 2nd spot in my camp for your rig? it allows 2 rigs per campsite. Ryan and I will still be going on the Friday. gotta get the party started early hehehe :friday:

ok, want me to reserve the 2nd spot in my camp for your rig? it allows 2 rigs per campsite. Ryan and I will still be going on the Friday. gotta get the party started early hehehe :friday:

Yah that would be awesome! I am hoping to get there pretty early. Do you have a tally on who is for sure going?

Yah that would be awesome! I am hoping to get there pretty early. Do you have a tally on who is for sure going?

definites:

Pathfinders:

me (Slick)

Jason (you)

Ryan (grimGreg)

Cody (NissanNismoZ) ~ NOT GOING. wussie :rofl:

Trent (tntort from here & Nissan Wheelers) is comin from Michigan ~ has brokded pathy and can't make it

RJ Squirrel (coming in a Dodge ram)

non- Nissan friends of mine i wheel with:

Jr with his Jeep CJ ~ undecided

uhm..... I know there's more but I can't think of em right now lol! 2 unconfirmed Nissan's too.

Edited by Slick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Woohoo!!! its getting closer only 21 days and counting

Slick, do you have King ready?

RJ Suqirrel is coming as well, but his pathy is still brokeded :( he can ride with me if he wants to tho.

king... i haven't installed any parts yet, coils go on Monday, just got my oil and spark plugs today adn will get them put in before the run, but after my CA trip, JY run next week then he'll get a CL, spare cv's, spare tre's and a few other goodies. hope to get them on before i go to CA but i only have monday off before i leave for cali on the 3rd, so may have to wait til i get back, i'll have 5 days to get him together :jig:

my CL is completely pretzled.. and i mean BADLY bent on the pass side... no wonder my LCA doesn't sit flat anymore... my TRE's are straight though, so new CL outta fix him right up. I hit pretty hard on the pass side the last couple times out wheelin :D

are YOU ready? :tongue:

t-minus 21 days away! seems like foreverrrrrrrrr!!!!! :rant2: hurry uuuup already!!! :bounce:

Edited by Slick

Me ready? NOOOOO hahaha

Tomorrow i am putting my new front skid on and eventually replacing both front CV's. I have an issue with boots always tearing...

And an oil change is in the future along with a transmission drain and fill. Oh an get a new tow strap and some D-ring shackles...

I think that will complete the list :)