tach issues

My Tach works only part of the time, I think I read somewhere on here that it could be the distributor, but i can't find where that was. Does anybody have any ideas as to what it could be?

Thanks,Trenton

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=16273&st=0&p=265822&hl=+jumpy%20+tach&fromsearch=1entry265822

according to that post..

this is a common and known problem in the round dash (94/95) pathfinders. You can try tightening the screws on the back that hold the circuit board to the cluster. If that doesn't work, you'll just either have to get an aftermarket tach, or hope to find one in the junkyard, hope it works, and also hope it has similar miles!

try that?

im not sure about the distributor.. but it could be..

I'm having the same problem. It works properly every now and then, but most of the time its dead or is jumping sporadically all over the range. Any ideas?

Where's it get the signal from under the hood? If anyone has any electrical diagrams they'd be greatly appreciated!

Search more please.

It's not the signal. The signal is fine.

It's the cluster itself. Some people have gotten it to work for a little bit longer by tightening the brass screws on the back of the cluster. On my old truck, that didn't work, but I got lucky finding a good cluster in the junkyard.