Bad Transmission Problems

Ok so last week one of the tranny lines on my 95 pathfinder 4x4 broke it lost 5 quarts of fluid i pulled over right away nothing was acting out of normal. I took it to the shop fixed the lines and refilled it now the torque converter seems to randomly jerk and shudder when coming to a stop and the vehicle will randomly stick in 3rd gear and will not upshift or downshift but it will only do it maybe once or twice every few days... :thumbsdown: So im thinking electrical cause the Fail-Safe light flashes at start up any advice would be greatly appriecated im not looking forward to spending another $2,800 on a tranny :headwall:

Start simple, double check your fluid level. Personally don't know though about reading auto trans codes, not something I have to concern myself with :shrug:

Ok so last week one of the tranny lines on my 95 pathfinder 4x4 broke it lost 5 quarts of fluid i pulled over right away nothing was acting out of normal. I took it to the shop fixed the lines and refilled it now the torque converter seems to randomly jerk and shudder when coming to a stop and the vehicle will randomly stick in 3rd gear and will not upshift or downshift but it will only do it maybe once or twice every few days... :thumbsdown: So im thinking electrical cause the Fail-Safe light flashes at start up any advice would be greatly appriecated im not looking forward to spending another $2,800 on a tranny :headwall:

Swap to a manual trans. Enjoy the difference in power and the lack of worry for such mundane things. :)

:rolleyes:

What did they fill it with? Dextron3/Mercon is the recommended substitute to the Nissan D-matic or whatever (it changed recently). Could crap have been stirred up from the tranny pan or chunks in the radiator/tranny cooler? It really sounds like a good time to pull the pan, have the filter/screen cleaned/changed, back flush the system and refill it. While it may not be necessary or help, it's a lot cheaper than a new tranny. Before that, download the 1995 FSM (pinned in the Garage section) and follow the AT troubleshooting guide.

Personally, I bypass the stock cooler. I run the line into a spin off filter with a sender for a temp gauge and then into an aftermarket cooler. Just saying that I don't trust the stock set up and want to know what is going on... :shrug:

B