3rd Annual MrJim run

This event is open to all NPORA members!!!

Its that time again! The 3rd MrJim run is set. This year it will be held at Manastash Ridge, just outside Ellensburg, WA. This area has a large selection of trails that will put your Pathfinder to the test. Front what I have read(I have not been there myself), there is as wide variety of trails and difficulties. A majority of the trails are considered Moderate most of the time. This changes quite dramaticly with moisture. Please check out the trail reports in the following link(scroll down to Manastash Ridge/Niles Creek)...

http://www.nwjeepn.com/WAtrails.htm#kaner

The last Jim runs have been held the first weekend in October, and this on will be the same, October 1st and 2nd. There 1 monthis a campgound, but I havent been able to figure out if reservations can be made. The city of Ellensburg is not far away, so if you want to stay in a hotel, there you go. I will try and find a link for some city info.

Approximately 1 month before the run(September 1), I will do a roll call to see who is coming, who is on the fence and who is out.

Here is a link to the previous MrJim runs(1 and 2)...

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=28172&st=0&p=532480&hl=mrjim&fromsearch=1entry532480

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=23689&hl=mrjim&st=60

(I know there is another one, I cant quite find it yet)

Here it is....

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=24137&st=0

If you would like to read the background about why we having this run, please visit this thread....

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=23673&st=0

If you have anymore questions or comments, please ask away. If anyone has been to this area, please post up what you know(links, pics, vids, ect..).

Thanks Everyone! Hope to see you there!

Derek

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok boys and girls, just under two weeks away! Lets keep the roll call going!!!

Please copy, paste and add your name as needed...

Going:

Silverton-Camping (I plan to be out there Thur-Sun)

Mr.510-Camping Thurs-Sun

MrJim-Camping Fri,Sat

enginerd - Camping, leaving Sunday AM

Maybe:

Skulptr - plus 1, plus jeep and 1

Unfortunatly not going to make it:

5523Pathfinder

SilverPath

Kyle94(plus one other?)-camping

If you are going to camp, please let other members know if you are interested in company. Once again, we should be meeting day of as stated above.....

There is a Safeway that appears to have a big enough parking lot to make grouping up easy here:

804 W. First, Cle Elum, WA 98922

QUESTIONS? Post them now as not to be left behind or left in the cold!!!!

The eastside of the Cascades should be dry this time of year. Even though, please pack accordingly!!! Be sure to bring pleanty of food and WATER for you and any passengers you may be carrying. Remember RECOVERY GEAR!!! Tow ropes, chains, jack(Hi-Lift always recommended), tools, ect. Even if you dont plan to take on certian obstacles, you may need to help out! Oh, and dont forget your CAMERA!!!!!

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and Mr.510 were thinking of adding one or two days to either end of this run, for people that would like to also run the Naches trail, as the two meet up with each other. Will probably start another thread for this to see who all would be interested.

But I can't wait for this run! I'm hoping it's even more fun than MrJim#2!

before you can wheel that thing jelly, you have to get some real rims and tires, not that ricy crap :banplz:

:jk:

:jk:

getting some from garret next friday. then to get some tires. :)

So get some Toyo MTs they come in lopro. My dad has some on his f-150 33x12.50r20s in 10 ply side walls. And they are lasting 80k miles as I have the original reciept stating the mileage back then...Granted they cost about 1800 for 4....

10 ply? christ.... if you're going wheeling you need some flex in the sidewall! You could air those down to 5psi and it would look like they still had 40psi.

I just picked up a set of 33x10.50 KM2's, so I'm ready to go in the tire department!

Edited by silverton

ive got to admit... im nervous about my nice shiney new pathy, and a new area to wheel at... :o

and ive never been to that part of WA....

Kyle, just get your *rear-side* over there. Enough said. :)

Kyle, just get your *rear-side* over there. Enough said. :)

im ready. for the most part. just gotta find me some more aggressive tires. or i may have to get pulled out alot... :P

228368_200815716622231_100000814125250_493175_1220891_n.jpg

:D now just to catch up on some maint. :)

Oh, Ill be there sliding my belly over ever rock. Kyle will be right behind me even if I have to drag him to Ellensburg!

draggin me? my pathy has its own powah. :D

im so ready to go play... i wanna find a spot on the side of the road and make a mess of it. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Id love to go, hopefully by the time the date rolls around, I will have quite a few of my mods done.

As of right now though, count me in(hopefully Im not on deployment)!

• 3 weeks later...

Im new to the run, we camp out there Im assuming? Just trying to make sure what needs to be brought.. otherwise I cant wait to go!

Edited by feyded

What exactly is know about the area? Just closed from last seasons storm damage?

Yeah, all the access roads washed out and/or were replaced by creeks and rivers. Also hundreds of downed trees are blocking trails. I've been watching the facebook page of the volunteer group that works on the trails at Manastash. By the time our run happens everything should be back to normal. I don't think there is 4x4 access yet but guys on motorcycles carrying chainsaws on their backs have been working to clear the trails every weekend. I think the most popular access road is supposed to re-open next week. There had been talk early on that the roads might not get fixed at all this year but I guess the County does't want to lose all those 'tourist' dollars so they are in high gear fixing stuff. :)

Would it be worth looking into getting a work group together and arranging to help in some fashion? IM sure a few guys around here would be interested. I know I would.

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

The main issue is the road being washed out. But there is news of it being at least one lane by the end of summer... but as of currently, I'm unsure if it's going to be possible for me and David to run it beforehand to get the "lay of the land"

• 2 weeks later...

3 months away boys and girls!!!

If for some reason Manastash is not doable, the place with the second amount of votes is Walker Valley. Has anyone been up there lately? Trail report? Knowledge of the area?