The Government Needs to Get a Clue

Tungsten

The weather has been getting nicer and summer is around the corner but there is one problem, which is the rising cost of gas.

Does someone seriously think it's funny to jack up the price of gas when the weather is nicer because of an assumption that more people will travel?

Why do governments, and not just the United States government, want people to drive smaller, less fuel consuming cars? Some of those little cars are borderline death traps.

Most people, including the government morons, simply don't understand that something like a Toyota Prius is an environmental nightmare.

For example, 99% of a first gen Pathfinder can be recycled into usable metal and other various materials. How much can you recycle of a Prius? That car, like most new cars, is mostly plastic, which is non biodegradable.

Let's not forget the fact of how much earth you have to dig through, while polluting in the process, for the amount of those rare earth metals found in the Prius catalytic converters and in one Prius battery.

Many people that drive a Prius or a Smart masturbate to them frivolously while saying how good they are for the environment and stopping global warming. These people are idiots, they don't know their ass from their elbow, can't drive to save their life, always vote for liberal democrats, think everyone that's not a communist is a racist, and pocket the sweet 'n low at all you can eat buffets. These are the people that I can seriously do without. :ar15:

Global warming is the biggest myth since spontaneous generation!

The reason being is that idiots know nothing about Carbon Dioxide or greenhouse gases. They don't know that animals and people breathe out Carbon Dioxide and they don't even know what Carbon Dioxide is. They also don't know that plants absorb CO2 from the atmosphere and turn it back into O2.

Yes, CO2 keeps us warm, it is like a blanket. However it is physically impossible to have so much greenhouse gas that it will make the Earth significantly warmer and send the carbon cycle into a tailspin. There are a few reasons for this... First, there is not enough population to exert so much extra CO2 since most of the planet is just an ocean. Second, the planet Earth is located very far from the sun for CO2 to be even somewhat effective in raising the temperature. The Global Warming theory would only make sense if the Earth was located where Venus is. On the contrary, the planet Mars is even further and it's completely dead because of its lack of greenhouse gasses.

07alm_solarsystem.jpg

Also, the amount of crap that an active volcano pumps into the atmosphere is overwhelming. An active volcano will put more crap into the atmosphere in a day than the human population can do in a month.

208269_2.jpg

Overall, in my opinion, I think EPA should be debased and defunded for the amount of racketeering that they do.

Complete_Idiots_GlobalWarmi.gif

EDIT: Watch this video: http://youtu.be/tyaA5I9IvPo

Edited by Tungsten

Speaking of Smart Cars, I passed one that was pulling a small trailer and doing about 60 k/h on Autobahn 6 heading back from Plzeň. Much lolz ensued as the passengers in my rented Fiat minivan exposed their naked buttocks at the offending vehicle. In other news, the Czech Republic still kicks ass!

EDIT: My passengers were drunk. :friday:

Edited by HydroCeramics

Yep, but you left out the fact that more oil is released into the oceans naturally than BP, Exxon, etc. have ever "spilled". Not to mention the fact that unrefined crude oil is a naturally occurring substance, no matter how much "environmentalists" whine about the stuff. Could be worse, we could be still killing whales for blubber to make our oils.

Yep, but you left out the fact that more oil is released into the oceans naturally than BP, Exxon, etc. have ever "spilled". Not to mention the fact that unrefined crude oil is a naturally occurring substance, no matter how much "environmentalists" whine about the stuff. Could be worse, we could be still killing whales for blubber to make our oils.

:beer:

yep, this is true, oil is naturally released into the sea by millions of gallons each year

which is why i support domestic drilling and as much of it as possible (and i am an environmental conservationist)

sure there will still be bureaucrats that will want to jack up the cost but that will put pressure on them

one of the reasons the cost of oil is so high now is because we no longer get domestic oil like we used to

Edited by Tungsten

one of the reasons the cost of oil is so high now is because we no longer get domestic oil like we used to

Took you this long to figure this out? I knew that when I was 11... :beer:

Edited by nismothunder

Took you this long to figure this out? I knew that when I was 11... :beer:

lol well my reasoning in the first place was that this is done on purpose to get people to pay more for gas

and it was not until the BP oil spill where domestic drilling was banned in the gulf (while other countries are still drilling there)

although even with foreign oil in the us, the current price is way overblown

Edited by Tungsten

Your initial post makes some very valid points and I couldn't agree more. But I think you should change the title to "Humanity Needs to Get a Clue." :lol:

Too many people whine about what humanity does to the planet, merely because they like to hear their own crying. Then you get these bandwagon jumpers who support this environmental stupidity and think they'll be saved when the planet cooks itself (which it won't), simply because they drive a stupid Prius. Then, these clowns have the audacity to lambaste those of us who would rather drive what makes us happy.

The fact of the matter is, there are more important problems for humanity to face than what kind of cars we should be driving. The so-called leaders of humanity are anything but... So they bicker amongst themselves like old grannies, failing to address the real issues, and this is becoming a trend in many first-world countries. I can only speak on behalf on my own country so I will. Instead of working together to find solutions, they waste our time and money with pointless elections and smear campaigns, like pathetic little kids still in high school. And then we get the 'soap opera' media coverage which does nothing but compound how ridiculous all of it is. How these mouth-breathers wake up each day and look at themselves in the mirror and think, "I'm doing my part to encourage the advancement and betterment of humanity and civilization" is completely beyond my intellectual comprehension. I think Michael Caine put it best in the Dark Knight: "Some men just want to watch the world burn." Unfortunate, as these are the dildoes who are our elected officials...

Sorry... I kinda veered off-topic there. I have a tendency to do that at times...

But yes, oil prices are stupid high... And this doesn't have to be the case!:rant2:

Edited by tekazgtr1984

Your initial post makes some very valid points and I couldn't agree more. But I think you should change the title to "Humanity Needs to Get a Clue." :lol:

Too many people whine about what humanity does to the planet, merely because they like to hear their own crying. Then you get these bandwagon jumpers who support this environmental stupidity and think they'll be saved when the planet cooks itself (which it won't), simply because they drive a stupid Prius. Then, these clowns have the audacity to lambaste those of us who would rather drive what makes us happy.

The fact of the matter is, there are more important problems for humanity to face than what kind of cars we should be driving. The so-called leaders of humanity are anything but... So they bicker amongst themselves like old grannies, failing to address the real issues, and this is becoming a trend in many first-world countries. I can only speak on behalf on my own country so I will. Instead of working together to find solutions, they waste our time and money with pointless elections and smear campaigns, like pathetic little kids still in high school. And then we get the 'soap opera' media coverage which does nothing but compound how ridiculous all of it is. How these mouth-breathers wake up each day and look at themselves in the mirror and think, "I'm doing my part to encourage the advancement and betterment of humanity and civilization" is completely beyond my intellectual comprehension. I think Michael Caine put it best in the Dark Knight: "Some men just want to watch the world burn." Unfortunate, as these are the dildoes who are our elected officials...

Sorry... I kinda veered off-topic there. I have a tendency to do that at times...

But yes, oil prices are stupid high... And this doesn't have to be the case!:rant2:

That's fine, it was dead on topic. :D

It is the Off-Topic section anyway! :lol:

Yes, I stopped watching the TV news after I realized that they were directly connected with the government. They do nothing but try to feel good about themselves. The United States is not far at all from Canada, maybe even on par with it now. It's about time we get some real leadership here in the USA, like someone with balls to lift the ban on drilling instead of pushing entitlement programs. If not, this country will become nothing but a prison. I wish the best for our neighbor Canada too. It's about time to end the rape of high gas prices. :ar15:

What they like to keep hushed or fail to realize altogether is that ALL the planets are warming up, not just earth, proving that 'global warming' or 'climate change' :rolleyes: is not caused by man. The sun is getting hotter.

Edited by TooQForYou

• 2 weeks later...

What they like to keep hushed or fail to realize altogether is that ALL the planets are warming up, not just earth, proving that 'global warming' or 'climate change' :rolleyes: is not caused by man. The sun is getting hotter.

never heard that before but anything is possible