Can you say #3?

5523Pathfinder

Well, I suppose, its about that time of year again. Lets get things rolling again!

Now just like last year, before we get carried away with dates and locations, we need input! Please post up any suggestions or opinions regarding trails, times, dates, blah, blah, blah. For anyone reading this from out of the Northwest, please feel free to jump in! I will say that the run will probably be held here in the Northwest(unless Jim decides to move). Ok guys and gals, lets here it!!

These are the trails listed from last year. If you would like to add to it, please do so(just copy and paste the list, then add your addition). We will put this to a vote soon....

Manatash

Tahuya(#1 was held here)

Liberty

Walker Valley

Elbe

Tillamok

Evans Creek(#2 was held here)

Now, I know there is more. I, and probably all of us, would appreciate first hand experience with any trail suggested.

Thanks all!

Derek

Manastash

Tahuya(#1 was held here)

Liberty

Walker Valley

Elbe

Tillamok

Evans Creek(#2 was held here)

Tahuya is fun, but I think it a bit too easy for anyone that doesn't have a stock truck, and even then...

Evans Creek is awesome because there is the camp ground, I really liked spending the three days away from everything for MrJim #2! And the trails have something for everyone!

Elbe might be a bit too hard on trucks for people that still like their body work but want to wheel and the whole set of trails aren't really very long, but for people that think the trails are getting too hard, there is always a quick route to the "main" road to skip a trail.

That's the only insight I have, I'm sure others will chime in. But I vote for Evans Creek.

Edited by silverton

Personally, I would love it if we could do something a little closer to Everett this year like Walker Valley, but I will happily arrive where ever you all decide to go to collectively. :)

Any chance you guys could work closer to the north east...or split the difference??

I will say that the run will probably be held here in the Northwest(unless Jim decides to move).

This is a run for the founder of NPORA and the legacy(or story) of his rig(search MrJim run/recoverey, ect). He lives here in the Northwest and, like most clubs, its probably best to hold it near the "home" area. Once a place and date is set, a full board invite and announcement will be made. This will give anyone who is further away to plan accordingly. Last year, all members had 6 months notice before the run, and members from more than Washington came(Idaho, Oregon). Hopefully this year, someone will make the trek from even further...cough B cough.. As the years go by and the run grows, more will make a effort to come out. Like I said, this may change if Jim ever decides to move away from this beautiful place!

I would love to go this year! Just need to get the pathy all fixed up but wont have it done until mid may most likely so.. it probably wont be happening..

well, the last two runs havent been until the first weekend of October, so you never know!

JIM1 I had to work

JIM2 I had a baby

JIM3 I have to go!

Whats the status on reiter? Is that still closed? Did they ever clean it up?

If not then how about Manastash. :)

Brownscamp is in Tillamook. I've never been with a truck only with a bike and quad so I can't really say how it would be on the body panels. I think Bonez has the best background knowledge for BrownsCamp

Browns camp in tillamook state forest is the largest legal offroad area in the state of oregon. I have spent many many of days up there and have run lots of the trails from easy enough a car can drive it to you getting winched up rock faces. There are trails for any level of experienced driver. There are over 100 miles of trails in TSF. Also If by some amazing feet you manage to do all the trails (I still have a few I have not done) you can go down the street a few miles and go to the trask OHV area that is a little smaller. The best thing about TSF is there is Such a variety of trails.

Any chance you guys could work closer to the north east...or split the difference??

Well, I will be in Georgia next month if anyone wanted to make southern run. :)

JIM1 I had to work

JIM2 I had a baby

JIM3 I have to go!

Whats the status on reiter? Is that still closed? Did they ever clean it up?

If not then how about Manastash. :)

I have not heard anything about Reiter in awhile. I am curious to know when we can get back in there.

Last I heard about Reiter it might be another year, maybe two, funding keeps drifting away I believe, and tree huggers are getting more control. Don't quote me, that's just what I hear. I go to Manastash at least 2 times a year, I wouldn't want to run it too late. Last year I went in the first week of November and couldn't make it to Funny/Moon Rocks because of the snow (coming from Ellensburg side). Early October is best. IIRC Liberty is close to the same conditions, but I think soupier mud. Regardless I think those 2 are the best in the NW. I can't say about Walker, never been, but want to!

Just my experiences and .02 :my2cents:

I think we should just make the run and all future runs the first weekend of Oct.

Also, where ever we go, should have a place to "set up" a camp. I loved taking three days off and just hanging out at Evans Creek for a weekend.

Well, the way I see it, is that right now us northwest members have a say on where to go, hence the vote. If enough newbies voted for Tahuya, then thats where we are going. Personally, I would like Jim to take over planning next year and let him decide. The run is for him afterall. But, until then, it will be a team effort. I would like to wheel somewhere new(to me), but thats just me.

So the first weekend in October is the 1st-2nd. Is everyone cool with that?

I am planning to put the location up for vote at the end of the week or so. If you have anything else to say or add, DO IT! DO IT NOW!!!!!!!