List Kit

Terry

OK, I am on the verge of ordering a 3" lift kit, I have read all the postings and am still frozen with indecision. I should put headers on and dump my stock exhaust manifold before doing the lift but the cool factor is winning me over big time.

What to do, what to do.

:crazy:

i think you should work on the powerplant first. get the engine running at it's best. and then get the lift w/ big/nice tires. well, for me as an example, i got it lifted w/ 33s, lifted, yeah, but haven't done anything to the engine, my manifolds are wroped like krazy and the studs all broken in there. going to cost me alot of money to repair it, i'm probably going to have to get new heads. not bragging or anything, but, my truck is nice looking, but sound like crap and performance isn't there, i wish i should of worked on the engine first. now, i'm holding on to the 3inch body lift and lockers. without a good engine i can't enjoy the lockers and the lift. so think about it.

Im in the same boat as Mud! My pathy makes 101 different sounds (not 101 but DARN CLOSE). I am gonna look in to the manifolds and see where I can get them done for a good price.

The only thing is I have to get that balsted body lift on so that my tire will stop rubbing in the front. THAN I will be happy for a while.

1.) BODY LIFT

2.) ENGINE

3.) OTHER STUFF

4.) BARS (this also comes before and after and any spare time between steps 1, 2, and 3)

Rami

P.S. by bars I dont mean T-bars I mean BARS BARS!

see what i'm planning on doing is getting new heads instead of trying to extract to studs broken into the block. about a year ago my uncle and i tried to extract the bolts but really couldn't because of the engine compartment being so dang small. i don't know what the heck we did but when i left my uncle's house, that thing ran real good until three days later, that thing start to leak again. i'm pretty sure the holes(forgot the proper word for it) in the block are pretty messed up as it is. i'm just going to slap on some new head and headers. and see what happens from there. right now, i have two options, new heads w/ headers or locker. i'm picking heads w/ headers so later when i get the locker i can enjoy it with the loudness and power of a refreshed engine.

Well I appreciate all the input, and of course the voice of reason is to fix the leak first, I have a small tick that goes away in a minute or two after starting the engine but I should deal with that. I found a smitty built brush guard for $224 and Summit has a set of 4 100w round driving lights for 124.95 so I was thinking of doing that for now and adding the lift in the spring since I have to do it in the driveway. I don't care about speed but want a good running engine which so far has not been a problem, it's an 88 but only has 66 k on it, I already changed the timing belt but everything else seems tight.

You said you didn't care about speed but I would still do a new intake or filter, new plugs and wires [MSD or such], and maybe just exhaust at this point if you don't want to do the whole headers bit at the moment. Just a suggestion. =)

I called summit about the headers, about 6 weeks out. I have been talking to local shops about doing the work for me, I haven’t found one yet that seemed that interested in helping me out. If anyone knows a good exhaust shop in the Seattle area let me know.

Ok..After hours of torment I've decided to go the adult way, order headers now, lift kit in the spring, brush guard and lights around Feb. I am still looking for a good shop just to avoid the inevitable broken stud if I try it myself.