Borla Exhaust

ChrisPerna

Hey guys, i noticed that theres NO aftermarket exhaust systems for our trucks and that makes me mad! all we have to do is get enough requests for them and they will make one within a few months. the customer service rep said that they will make a system if enough people want it,

http://www.borla.com

just go to start here and enter your pathfinder info and follow the steps, it takes less then 3 min to do.

Did.

Can anyone ballpark how many people is enough? Also, the form says its purpose is for notifying us if Borla makes a part for our R50s. Is it also to let Borla know how many people are interested? Because it doesn't mention that.

Complete...but I was thinking the same thing. Maybe it goes in to a database that helps determine the direction of new products.

Done! I'd be totally psyched about an aftermarket exhaust.

I also e-mailed them....

Hello, I am on a pathfinder forum and the guys here are really interested in Borla coming up with a exhaust system for our trucks. How would we go about doing this? Is there a group buy process or do we need to get a number of pre-orders before you start making them? Please let me know. I started a thread about Borla making a system and everybody is pumped! BTW we are really looking for a system for the 1996-1999.5 and the 1999.5-2004 pathfinders. There are no other systems out there AT ALL for these years. Theres systems for all the other years though. Please let me know

Christopher Perna

http://npora.ipbhost.com/

DAVID BORLA to me

show details 12:58 PM (7 minutes ago)

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for coming to us with this opportunity. There are two aspects involved with this potential project which are development and production. Each of these is approached individually.

Regarding development, we would need your group to cover our development cost up front which will be in the neighborhood of $15,000 and will include a prototype (to be approved by you), fixtures, drawings, a bill of materials, flow testing, dyno testing, photographs, sound files and installation instructions. We will need a vehicle for 3 weeks as well.

Regarding production pieces, we will take the required materials, labor and overhead with the addition of our minimum margin and come up with a price. There will not be any development costs associated with this price as the development will have already been paid for.

In summary, we’d need $15,000 and a vehicle to get started. This will only cover development and the first prototype. Additional units will be sold at a reasonable price.

Please let me know if this is of any interest to your group.

Thanks again,

Borla Performance Industries

DAVID BORLA

Sales/Marketing Manager

davidb@borla.com

701 Arcturus Avenue

Oxnard, CA 93033

tel: 805-246-6067

fax: 805-986-8940

www.borla.com

:thumbsdown::deadhorse::yeahthat: $15,000 :rofl: So they want us to pay for the development and prototype and then they will make them by the masses and sell them for loads of profit.... all you would get is 1 stinkin exhaust kit out of it.... I would rather go to a custom exhaust shop and get a totally custom made exhaust for $300. Edited by muddfildvaynes

Thats just plain dumb. Id email him back and as if that price includes a reach around :thumbsdown:

Wow, is that how much a "reach around" goes for these days?!?!

Yeah, that price is ridiculous. I used to know a guy when I lived in Cali that quoted me $1,500 for a custom dual exhaust...and I thought that was a bit of a rip!

I've just lost a huge load of respect for the likes of Borla... Fail. :thumbsdown:

I'm with you on this one. I could replace my pathfinder 3 times or buy all the equipment to make my own system for that price! You can't tell me it would take that long to develop an exhaust system, that's what they do!

maybe try another exhaust manufacturer to see what they might say. I signed up with borla as well before reading the whole thread. I did have a Borla muffler on my hardbody and I liked it a lot, the rest of the cat back was custom made out of SS and was still in good shape when I got rid of the truck but I think I paid $100 for the muffler and $150 to have the rear pipe bent and about$35 for the Borla intercooled SS tip still far less than what the are saying !!.

i'm sorry, but what exactly did you guys think was going to happen by sending a few letters of interest for an exhaust for our trucks? just because they get about 50 or so letters of interest to make an exhaust, they're going to make a bunch? i think many of you are dismissing the amount of money it takes for a company to make and research such a product without any proven or guaranteed market out there for it.

sure, $15k is quite a bit of money, but that's also a lot of money for Borla as well, especially during the current economic situation that we're all in. sure, they're a multi-million dollar or more company, but what business is out there to simply toss around money for no rhyme or reason other than to make a few truck owners happy whether they buy an exhaust system or not?

Ahh hahahahahahaha!!! when i was reading through this and saw 15k :omg: , i thought it was a typo...but then he said it again! :rofl:

what a joke!

custom is the way to go, buy a magnaflow (my favorite), have a shop bend some pipe and make flanges to fit and your done! best bang for you buck

i'm sorry, but what exactly did you guys think was going to happen by sending a few letters of interest for an exhaust for our trucks? just because they get about 50 or so letters of interest to make an exhaust, they're going to make a bunch? i think many of you are dismissing the amount of money it takes for a company to make and research such a product without any proven or guaranteed market out there for it.

sure, $15k is quite a bit of money, but that's also a lot of money for Borla as well, especially during the current economic situation that we're all in. sure, they're a multi-million dollar or more company, but what business is out there to simply toss around money for no rhyme or reason other than to make a few truck owners happy whether they buy an exhaust system or not?

It would give them a better reputation, that's for sure.

Just make your own custom exhaust. For 15 grand I'll take a welding course, drive down there and do it for you!

Edited by adamzan

F that BS. :/

Yeah, F--- Borla. I was considering getting one of their exhausts for one of my other cars, but now they're off the list. There's plenty of other aftermarket exhaust makers that are much smaller companies who would be happy to have your business and won't rape you to get it.