And so the fun begins

MaritimeMan

The exhaust shop that sold me the header studs has a pretty good reputation, and they said they could probably do one-day turn-around for a weld like that this time of year. Now if I could just get the %$#@!@#$ EGR pipe threads to catch... P...

Nah, loosen the header from the block so you have some wiggle room. Attatch the EGR tube to the header first, the with that extra play, it should thread right into the EGR assembly. Once you get it goin, go ahead and tighten the header back down.

Hey guys. Good work on that exhaust, bro! Well, for christmas I wanted to ask my parents if I could get those Thorley headers because the leak is getting so bad, my car sounds like a little ricer with a constant blow-off valve for tdc. lol. anyways, if anyone could give me an estimate on how much it would be, i would grately appreciate it. thanks! :D

Ooooh, FX armor!

Took a little bit of persuadin', (read: heavy handed pulling) but I got her in there. Angle was only off by a couple degrees, but was enough so the treads wouldn't catch at first. Finally fired it up last night around 10:00 and ahhhhhhhhhh, no more tick tick tick. But, the slip joint makes that SHHHHHHHHH sound at over 2000 rpms. Got a good local shop that thinks they can weld that up in place tomorrow for about $30, we'll see.

Got some pics to post (including some beautiful exhaust valves seen from looking in through the open ports), just gotta figure out how...

M.M.

Did you change out your CAT? Also, where would I get a high flow CAT for my pathy?

Have you tried new cams? I'm kinda wondering when enough is enough. I know that I can go with cams and a new chip, but is it worth the $1000 for what, another 20 - 30 HP?

Any thoughts?

Rich

Yes, I swapped out for a high flow cat, I picked it up at a local muffler shop. ASk around in your town, one should have one. I think I paid like 75 bucks for 2.25" in/ out. Cams are a project down the road, but alot further down the road. I've been rippin her apart enough lately that I just wanna play with her for a bit. Jim Wolf Tech makes a performance cam for our engines, as well as the only place to get a ECU mod (AC just sends them to him, and adds a sur charge). I'm really happy with the motor where its at now, plenty of power on and off the road. I am looking to move into the cam and ECU upgrade, as well as a P&P, but like I said, later, doesn't need it right now. My philosophy is if it needs replacement, might as well upgrade it. Right now, runnin fine, no need to mess with it.

M.M.