Swap Front Clip from a QX4

My bump has some paint peel so obviously the only solution is to replace the whole front end...:scratchhead:

Anyways, I was noticing the QX4 had a pretty sharp looking front end. Will the QX4 Bumper, Headlights, Grille and hood swap over to a Pathfinder?

100_1338.jpg26805240003_large.jpg

Do you want to swap the clip because your current one has paint chips or just because it'd be a kickass project? :shrug: :shrug: Because if you take your truck offroad, as I assume you do by your giant window decal, won't your new QX4 front clip just get some nice little paint chips in it as well?

^^X2. I like the Path front better. Put a aftermaket bumper it will look sharp.

An aftermarket OEM style bumper or a fabricated type? I haven't seen much of either online but that would be much easier.

Do you want to swap the clip because your current one has paint chips or just because it'd be a kickass project? :shrug: :shrug: Because if you take your truck offroad, as I assume you do by your giant window decal, won't your new QX4 front clip just get some nice little paint chips in it as well?

Uh, well, that's 01silvapathy's R50 pictured... Anyways, yes, it's possible.

What part of Washington are you in?

Yes, for both reasons and yup that's not my truck, sadly. I like both front ends but the project sounded kind of cool plus I was planning an HID swap at the same time since most of the QX4s I've seen have HIDs, I assumed it was common.

I'm outside of Seattle, WA

Pathy front end looks better imo.....like how my truck randomly shows up LOL

I don't dislike the Pathy front end, I just like the QX4 too. Actually I noticed your grille is different in the pic I posted (Came up under a Google Image Search "Pathfinder Grille") is that an LE grille?

I don't dislike the Pathy front end, I just like the QX4 too. Actually I noticed your grille is different in the pic I posted (Came up under a Google Image Search "Pathfinder Grille") is that an LE grille?

He painted it

• 2 years later...

Bringing this up to see if this may be an option for the pre-face lift R50s. I have a custom front bumper, and would be interested in just swapping out the headlights/corners and maybe the grille in between them. (I mostly just want the Qx4 Headlights but they wont work with my current grille) How much work would that be? Simply going to the JY and finding some front end parts and bolting them on? or would this be a whole day of relocating support brackets..... anybody ever done this before?

the fenders look to be the same mounting for the corners for 96-99 pathy and qx4 the hood would be needed to have the grill and headlights fit properly and align right hope this helps

I know the hood is different than the post-facelift pathys, is it pretty different than the 96-99s too?

I have a 2001 QX4 with 2 inch lift on 265/75/16. When I go offroad, okay not really how tough offroad, the front bumper hits almost every rock on the way. It is good looking in city but not good in wild.

I have a 2001 QX4 with 2 inch lift on 265/75/16. When I go offroad, okay not really how tough offroad, the front bumper hits almost every rock on the way. It is good looking in city but not good in wild.

I dont want the bumper, just this part:

QX4Grille-1.jpg

Hey guys, I'm new here; name's Matt.

I'm wondering about somewhat the same thing.. I'm picking up a 96 with a smashed front end tomorrow. It will need a new hood, bumper, lights, grille, coolant reservoir, and possibly rad support. The fenders are fine, so I won't be changing those. Does anyone know if I can bolt up facelift parts instead? I can fabricate if need be, but I'd much rather not.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

So to bring this back up from the dead I was at the jy today and there was a qx4 and pathfinder. Both 98s. So I decided to try swapping parts to see what worked. First off the corner lights thou different are interchangeable. Both fit on each other fenders and both fit with each other headlights. A pathy hood will fit the qx4 if the grill is out. The grill is the only thing that makes the hood different. Headlights will swap between both trucks as well. Hope this helps some people out.

• Like 1

So to bring this back up from the dead I was at the jy today and there was a qx4 and pathfinder. Both 98s. So I decided to try swapping parts to see what worked. First off the corner lights thou different are interchangeable. Both fit on each other fenders and both fit with each other headlights. A pathy hood will fit the qx4 if the grill is out. The grill is the only thing that makes the hood different. Headlights will swap between both trucks as well. Hope this helps some people out.

So, if I am understanding you correctly, to do the swap, one would need to get:

Corner lights, headlights, grill and hood to fit the QX4 grill?

Thank for checking this out, BTW