New From Alabam

IHasaSocK

What's up guys. I've lurking this forums for about a week. I thought I would sign up.

I got myself a Pathfinder last August and have put 10k on it already and I'm loving every min of it.

Haven't got to much wheeling in with it yet, but I have done a good bit of snow riding.I'm looking forward

to talking to some of y'all and learning more since this is my first 4wheel drive.

A little bout my pathfinder it's an 01 SE Auto 4x4 stock with a K&N for the gas mileage ;) has 140k on it as of now.

It burned 1/2 a quart of 10w-30 mobile one full syn the last 6,000 miles. I change it at 7,500 so no big deal.

Good part is going back in forth to School I manage 250 miles a tank, and driving nothing but interstate I get around 320 miles per tank. :beer: Much better then my mustang I DD for 4 1/2 years.

img0692ut.jpg

Welcome!! That's a nice looking pathy...

Another gas saving tip is to remove the drive flanges for the front wheels and install manual locking hubs. You lose the 'on the fly' 4wd engagement, but gain 1-2 mpg instantly. My wife's 99.0 R50 easily gets better than 20mpg on the highway.

I do recall that some of the later years have a lubing issue if this is done though so do your homework to make sure this works for you. Something about the year and/or if you have a shifter or selector knob. bowtied discussed this in depth IIRC...

B

• 2 weeks later...