sas option

ok, thanks but ill still going to put it in i found a setup very cheap!! and for a start i think is good then ill get a stronger axle thanks!

it won't be cheaper.[

need new wheels.

fab all the brackets twice

You do know that they are 5x4.5 wheel pattern? and your pathy is 6x 5.5

and no way to change them.

so now you gotta cary 2 spares

etc etc.

if your paying over 100 dollars you are paying too much.

to each their own.

over here in Puerto Rico is not easy and harder to find a early bronco axle or some thing better for cheap i just want to get rid of the ifs crap and i think this is better than the ifs but i get your point thanks

over here in Puerto Rico is not easy and harder to find a early bronco axle or some thing better for cheap i just want to get rid of the ifs crap and i think this is better than the ifs but i get your point thanks

use a waggoneer front axle

this is the best choice.

it is 6x5.5 same lug pattern.

I believe its 1980 and newer but it might be 1980 and older.. one of them is passengers side drop differential, the other is drivers side. they changed in 1980, but cna't remember exactly

• 1 month later...

hey wh kind of axle? I have 89 two door pathy and I need to build it. I dont really know what I am doing I usedo have a tj so now I am trying something new. thanks for your time.

D30s are ok, gearing is ok also, I bought one sunday with 4.88s and chromoly shafts for 300 bucks. Now I just need a 4.9 rear pig.

d30 dont break, OSR, there housings bend, if there breaking shafts there housing is already bent.

You find them from 25-400 bucks, with higher end ones being sold around 400. For a pathfinder there fine, there like a toyota axle but cheaper too find.

Also, OSR, if there breaking axles or housings with tires less then 33"s then there beating the living @!*% out of there trucks.

For an aol lift there good enough.

Now if the OP is looking to run 34+ inch tires then yes a d44 will work loads better then a d30. And in that case I would say get a large knuckle ford d44 front.

Thanks for the motivation nismothunder evreything you said is what i was thinking too, im going 33x12.5 and i think for the trails that i ride in that diff is goung to be just fine!!

D30s are ok, gearing is ok also, I bought one sunday with 4.88s and chromoly shafts for 300 bucks. Now I just need a 4.9 rear pig.

d30 dont break, OSR, there housings bend, if there breaking shafts there housing is already bent.

You find them from 25-400 bucks, with higher end ones being sold around 400. For a pathfinder there fine, there like a toyota axle but cheaper too find.

Also, OSR, if there breaking axles or housings with tires less then 33"s then there beating the living @!*% out of there trucks.

For an aol lift there good enough.

Now if the OP is looking to run 34+ inch tires then yes a d44 will work loads better then a d30. And in that case I would say get a large knuckle ford d44 front.

I have seen dana 30's snap axle shafts on 32" tires. I have seen the housings bend being pushed on a rock trying 2 get up. Everyone I wheel with that had a dana 30 has destroyed it in one way or another. Only exception is a few Cherokees that run with us but they have the 30's built with cromaly shafts, gussets, outer tube sleeves and so forth while running around 33" tires. Comparing a dana 30 to a toyota axle is not a good comparison as the design of the toyota axle makes it about 3 times stronger then the dana 30. I should say though we run our rigs extreme offroad situations and the IFS in the pathfinder had to be rebuilt after each trail run hence the reason the dana 44 is going in.

could always look for a high pinion dana 30, stronger then the low pin style. I run mud, and muddy trails, it depends on the terrain I guess, rocks will tear @!*% up no matter what you got. Acourse I've seen rubicons on 40-44s that rock crawl at my local spot and they dont break, but there all open diffs in the front.

you could always try and find a front diff out of a nissan mq patrol they are supposed to be the right drop and they are nissan and apparently they are fairly strong and dirt cheap here in australia

• 3 weeks later...

Factory ifs in pathy is way stronger than dana30. I have tortured my ifs for 2.5 years now and it is still hanging in there. Just replaced a couple boots. You have to keep joints clean and greased. Buddies of mine destroy d30s all the time.

Factory ifs in pathy is way stronger than dana30. I have tortured my ifs for 2.5 years now and it is still hanging in there. Just replaced a couple boots. You have to keep joints clean and greased. Buddies of mine destroy d30s all the time.

• 4 weeks later...

if your paying over 50 bucks for a front d30, your getting ripped off.

i find them all day long for under 100.

nobody wants them.

So If i got a D30 for free with Discs worth the install????. Or buy a D60 front and go Big...I have both available...You already know which one costs more

• 4 months later...

ive had quite a few lifted jeep cherokees over the years with 31s 32s 33s and have had friends with 35s and the dana 30 front is a lot stronger than most think if any of yall knew me im very tuff on my 4x4s and daily driver i beat the @!*% outa my jeeps daily and i broke a few rear ends ripped trannys out blowed motors busted transfer cases but i never onces broke a front axle but i see the pros & cons everybody is saying

• Like 1

How heavy is an XJ? We are talking apples and oranges here..

First of all the housing will bend.. XJ guys have to truss the heck out of them.

The internals can be made to be almost as strong as a D44 with the super 30 stuff. So totally beef up a 30 to be where you would start with a 44...

The front drive shaft will always be turning. You can't unlock the hubs.. so if that front drive shaft is not perfectly aligned (with the pinion) and balanced you will hate driving it on the highway.

If a fella is going to invest the time and money into an SAS... why?

There is a reason why 30's are cheap... and that is why the question was asked.

RCV axles shafts (D44) are guaranteed to 40 inch tires SWEET!

Edited by AK9849cy
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

need some advice, newbie here..

, i have a 1999 doule cab nissan p-up w/td27 diesel enginge , just bought this patrol MQ front differential assy for my sas conversion, planning to go on 33's.. would it be match front and rear differentials? they are both c200, can my set up run 33's on uphill with my td27 diesel engine? do i need to re-gear to run 33's? tnx, managa_16@yahoo.com

btw how can i identify if my c200 has a 4.11 or 4.3 gear ratio?