Check engine light

fusion

Hey everyone. So, my check engine light came on today and I am little surprised to say the least. My Pathfinder runs really well and I average about 19 mpg. No funny behaviors or noises. About 100 miles ago, I installed the Warn manual hubs. Could this be the cause of the CEL?

Does anyone know a way to get the computer to spit the codes out other then having a diagnostic tool, via blinking light or any other way?

I think a code reader is the only way. I highly doubt the CEL has anything to do with installing manual hubs.

Could be any number of things. Best bet is to take it to a shop (ideally an indy shop over a dealership) and have the codes pulled. :aok:

I think a code reader is the only way. I highly doubt the CEL has anything to do with installing manual hubs.

Could be any number of things. Best bet is to take it to a shop (ideally an indy shop over a dealership) and have the codes pulled. :aok:

Yeah, I know a guy who was an Infiniti/Nissan tech for a couple decades then opened his own mom and pop. I'll have him pull the code tomorrow morning... he isn't local though and driving that far running a CEL is a bit nerve-wracking. Some other work I have done in the last few months on the rig are: an AC lift, cb radio, custom cat-back flowmaster exhaust, K&N filter, PIAA bulbs, new front and rear clear light housings, new wheel bearings, oil/filter change and some other stuff. I don't think any of that would cause a CEL though, at least, not that I know of.

AFAIK, I doubt any of those mods would throw a CEL. My guess is a sensor has decided to crap out. The only issue is knowing which one so getting codes read becomes absolutely paramount at this point, ;)

I agree, it could be something like an O2 sensor (that was always my issue), or even something as simple as your gas cap not on tight.

I understand a CEL light is most often an emissions issue.

C-Money I've got a scanner. I'm at the shop till 4 today if you want to roll by.

I think I have it figured out but I will give ya a call tomorrow...

I agree, it could be something like an O2 sensor (that was always my issue), or even something as simple as your gas cap not on tight.

I understand a CEL light is most often an emissions issue.

The gas cap thing has got me before but I think this is my intake valve timing control position sensor.