Wheel spacers

tekazgtr1984

I'm putting together a list of what I need for the SFD project on the QX4, which I'm hoping to start in early May once the Bimmer's back on the road. I'm wheel shopping and came across a beautiful 17" wheel which I think would just wild; the only concern is the 17x8 is only offered with 4.5" backspacing. To that end, I've tinkered with the idea of running wheel spacers to make it work but obvioulsy I'm a bit skeptical to run spacers. I don't plan on seriously wheeling the QX4 and I'm curious if anyone on the forum has or does run wheel spacers on their R50s, and if so, where they acquired them. I'm hesitant to shop eBay for something like this so if anyone can shed some light on this it would be great. :)

I use a 2" spacer per side with my summer rims and tires

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Wheel-Adapters-6-Lug-Toyota-Nissan-Mazda-Spacers-1-/370487703487?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5642c9b7bf

I bought mine from this seller, great quality 6061 part as described. Best price I could find, and best of all for us canadians he combines and doesnt rape on shipping. He charges $32 for upto 2 sets, so no matter if you buy one or two pairs its $32 shipping.

I think I bought my 2" spacers and black chrome lug nuts from him, as far as I know its the best deal out there for us

^^^ Comes with the lugnuts by the way, you dont need to buy them like I did. I just wanted black, and mine were beat up looking

Thanks for the info and the link! :beer:

I wonder if he makes 1.25" spacers for the R50...

EDIT: @WOT: Just out of curiosity, what's the backspacing of your summer wheels?

Edited by tekazgtr1984

I got 1.5" wheel adapters for the X rims I run during the summer... Every time I have checked them they were still locked down at 100 ft-lbs of torque. I can let you know who I bought them from on Ebay, I know he had perfect feedback and pretty much specialized in machining parts. Included all lug nuts. I bought ones for a Toyota and asked for whatever threading the Pathfinder's existing lug nuts is for the open ended lug nuts and then Toyota lug nuts for the outer lug nuts.

Funny, I just put my spacers up for sale on Craigslist here in Denver.

They are from ezaccessory.com and I got them with tax/delivery for $94 (U.S.). I believe they make 1, 1.25, and 1.5 inch spacers (technically called an adapter, but they don't really adapt anything). They really seem like a quality product, but I just don't need them with my current rims/tires.

Just wanted to post up about them, I think they'd work well for you...and no, I'm not marketing mine (they should be sold this Saturday to a very interested buyer), just thought I'd post up about the spacer that you might be looking at.

BTW, I think we use 12 x 1.5 inch thread studs.

runnig 1.25 inch on my rig... The big thing with aluminum spacers is torque... do not overtorque them and they will not move... tight them too much and you will actually compress the aluminum.. I do mine at 100 ft/lbs religiously and they've been good to me.

runnig 1.25 inch on my rig... The big thing with aluminum spacers is torque... do not overtorque them and they will not move... tight them too much and you will actually compress the aluminum.. I do mine at 100 ft/lbs religiously and they've been good to me.

Exactly what I do...go around once at 60 ft-lbs to get them seated right then hit them all with 100 ft-lbs...

Thanks for the valuable info, guys! :beer:

@fleurys: 1.25" is exactly what I'm looking for. May I ask where you bought yours? :)

here they are : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOTA-NISSAN-ISUZU-WHEEL-SPACERS-ADAPTER-6-X-51-2-1-25-/110544747450?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19bcfafbba#ht_2302wt_1165

exactly them...and they are still at the same price I paid them 2 years ago !!

Good service and fast shipping. Product is top notch.

S.

Exactly what I do...go around once at 60 ft-lbs to get them seated right then hit them all with 100 ft-lbs...

If you're gonna do it, do it right. :aok:

here they are : http://cgi.ebay.com/...#ht_2302wt_1165

exactly them...and they are still at the same price I paid them 2 years ago !!

Good service and fast shipping. Product is top notch.

S.

Thanks for the link! Good price for a set of four. Methinks the search for spacers is over. :beer:

I will know this weekend if I need spacers... Going to run 265/75r16 Mickey Thompson MTZs on the stock wheels. Truck has AC lift and NX4 strut spacers (soon). If I do need them, this thread is all kinds of win. Thanks for all the tips and links! :beer:

I will know this weekend if I need spacers... Going to run 265/75r16 Mickey Thompson MTZs on the stock wheels. Truck has AC lift and NX4 strut spacers (soon). If I do need them, this thread is all kinds of win. Thanks for all the tips and links! :beer:

What's the backspacing (offset) of your wheels? You should be able to get away with those size tires permitted your wheels have adequate backspace for clearance. Even if you have the right BS/offset, spacers will still help widen your 'stance', which always looks good, IMO. :)

And remember, some trimming may be required in order to clear your fenders/bumpers, especially when steering at full lock. :aok:

What's the backspacing (offset) of your wheels? You should be able to get away with those size tires permitted your wheels have adequate backspace for clearance. Even if you have the right BS/offset, spacers will still help widen your 'stance', which always looks good, IMO. :)

And remember, some trimming may be required in order to clear your fenders/bumpers, especially when steering at full lock. :aok:

I have no idea what the BS or offset of the wheels are. They are the stock wheels (2002 SE. If you happen to know what those measurements are, I would be delighted to have them. All I have to go by right now is my current clearance, which isn't much, I am pretty sure I will need them.

Can I put spacers on the rear too or will the tire not tuck into the wheel well properly?

I am OK with a little trimming but I am hoping to avoid anything major, hence the 32" tires instead of 33s.

Edited by fusion

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...