Toys from your childhood

Ramon

This year I get 30 YO and suddenly while searching stuff on the internet I found a picture of one toy I had when I was young the Destroyer from Tonka Monster truck its from the 80´s and almost cry when I see it :lmao: , this was one of my favs toy that still one of my nephews use nowdays

So I decide to ask you post your fav toy (images are better)

So lets begging

This is the Destroyer I really love this toy and always wanted to have the entire collection unfortunatelly I can only have this one .

tonka-steel-monsters-destroyer-dump-truck-1986_150517130238.jpg

The next one is .... a playmobil crane i love to put all aboard

grua_playmobil.jpg

I finally the one I ow why I love airplanes my F14 from Gi Joe

windowslivewriterandyetmoregijoetoys-8412dscf8067.jpg

I loved this toy because It was the type of toy that had real stuff related the landing gears actually hide up with the lever on top in the middle

Do you remember what toy you just to play whit?

Post a have good memory´s

if I made a grammar mistake forgive me it was the emotion.

I liked the GI Joe F-14 too, I also had the A-10 looking plane, and a couple helocopters, etc. Always wanted the aircraft carrier, but never got it.

ussflagg.jpg

Actually the one toy that I really liked was the Tramsformer Jetfire, because it was a rebadged Robotech Valkyrie. I always wanted the real Valkyrie toys, but they never released them in the US back in the day, and was uber jealous of a friend who got to go to Hong Kong and came home with 2. When I was in my 20s they did a reissue and made them available in the US, and I bought 3 of them!

Jetfire:

jetfire1b.jpg

Valkyrie:

MacrossSuperVF1S19901b.jpg

Now I have all 4 sitting on a shelf together.

If i still had all the matchbox cars that I destroyed NIB I'd be rich lol...LINCOLN LOGS MATCHBOX CARS...NES...AND THQTS ABOUT ALL I HAD WITH SOME GI JOES AND NINJA TURTLES...

sorry about the caps...didn't notice I had them locked on the phone and I'm lazy

That is funny you listed my childhood toys besides my bb gun. On GrimGreg's comment Try this I have the origonal battletech robot toy number 548 Still in its box witch most of is in japan's.

I still got hotwheels some still NIB (even some of the ones that were choking hazards without warnings on em) but destroyed TONS of them... now Legos, those were awsome! (and tasty :whistle: )

I still got hotwheels some still NIB (even some of the ones that were choking hazards without warnings on em) but destroyed TONS of them... now Legos, those were awsome! (and tasty :whistle: )

That's what is wrong with you :new576: What about Stomper trucks We used to rig them up with 9 volt batteries and run them till death. :beer:

That's what is wrong with you :new576: What about Stomper trucks We used to rig them up with 9 volt batteries and run them till death. :beer:

That's only a tiny sliver of the huge pie that is what's wrong with me! :rofl: Stompers! The redish chevy van!

Why can I see B pushing a hoop with a stick? :lol:

Why can I see B pushing a hoop with a stick? :lol:

Dude, the wheel wasn't invented then.

Lego was our main source of entertainment, that and matchbox cars, stuffed with kero soaked tissues and a lighter. Or the little plastic army men, with kero soaked ground too, is surprising how accurate you can re-enact napalm if you practice enough.

I had about 5 Stompers, might still have pieces of one or two in a box in my mom's attic. :aok:

I still have a few toys I had as a kid, I have a Tonka dump truck (all metal unlike the crap they sell now), a couple of small metal vans, a Ford tractor set with all the attachments, I have a metal box that I used to keep all the extra model car parts in most of the small parts I stored in film containers, found this box recently, had masking tape inside the lid with chrome wheel halves still stuck to the tape along with small scraps of carpet and decals.

me and my Tonka x-mas (not sure of my age here, but 45 now still have the dump truck!!),

280o8s1.jpg

My sister and I, x-mas, with the Ford tractor and the rear half of our than German Shepard

2jecpsk.jpg

also have a Panasonic military looking black and white portable TV that my parents bought me from Grants around 1976 still have it up until a few years ago my wife used it when she was doing security work. no pic

Oh yes the old legos there was a brand called TENTE did you ever hear about it?

and yep those tasty polymers

I still have a few toys I had as a kid, I have a Tonka dump truck (all metal unlike the crap they sell now), a couple of small metal vans, a Ford tractor set with all the attachments, I have a metal box that I used to keep all the extra model car parts in most of the small parts I stored in film containers, found this box recently, had masking tape inside the lid with chrome wheel halves still stuck to the tape along with small scraps of carpet and decals.

me and my Tonka x-mas (not sure of my age here, but 45 now still have the dump truck!!),

280o8s1.jpg

My sister and I, x-mas, with the Ford tractor and the rear half of our than German Shepard

2jecpsk.jpg

also have a Panasonic military looking black and white portable TV that my parents bought me from Grants around 1976 still have it up until a few years ago my wife used it when she was doing security work. no pic

Wow let us see how the toy is nowdays please!!

Most of my old toys have been handed down to family, or lost in the Minnesota flood of 1997. I used to have the old metal tonka truck, made quick work of Barbies Dream house with that... Had a couple hundred hotwheels cars, until dad bought me a tow truck, and impounds got boring, needed wrecked cars, so a couple of cinder blocks became part of my "toy" collection... Had a BB gun.... and then we had the PowerWheels Jeep, but with a 12v car battery.... that thing MOVED!

• Like 1

We called them "Stick, Rock and Dirt" and as long as you had them and an imagination, they were anything you needed them to be...

:rofl:

What did you do with the pen ?

omg, *chokes* :rofl:

A friend of my wife's is a big toy collector / card collector. He doesn't even need a job. He'll just sell a card or a toy once a month to pay his bills....especially Star Wars stuff! Insanely crazy people buy this crap! I can't believe how much money people are will to pay. Me personally, I still have all my sports cards (baseball, football, basketball & hockey) mostly from the 70's & 80's. And more in my adult years, I have a pretty kick ass guitar pick collection!

Edited by OfftourRoadie96

Ok,went and took some pics, forgot I had a few of these, pics below:

Tonka Dump Truck

than:

280o8s1.jpg

Now:

28jd5ki.jpg

2a8ol4z.jpg

ne7yp0.jpg

Ford tractor set ( just noticed the tractor in the "than" pic is different than the "now" pic, but I did receive the one I currently have way back when and I know I have a pic of it somewhere.

than:

2jecpsk.jpg

Now:

f254dt.jpg

attachments:

9h3r4j.jpg

Tonka Roller and Bulldozer I also found in storage:

2mrbply.jpg

2ztg485.jpg

assorted other toys:

2d103zd.jpg

Edited by ahardb0dy

Oh yes the old legos there was a brand called TENTE did you ever hear about it?

and yep those tasty polymers

TENTE were awsome, especially their ship sets. I only got 1 kit before they stopped making them. Same friend who got the Robotech stuff had a huge 3 ship set of the TENTE. Their detail was really good for being plastic building blocks.

Anyone ever have this video game system:

25zksph.jpg

it still works too!

Some non toy related items from the past, remember these??

Alpine Lamborghini poster:

2yljlg3.jpg

another:

9tpw82.jpg

Pirelli poster:

3129rf5.jpg

Nissan Hardbody race truck cut-a-way poster (sorry about the flash):

2z9a5wl.jpg