no throttle

jimmaw

so recently while driving down the road my throttle cuts out, meaning that while driving at any and all speeds my truck decides to randomly stop accelerating, and return to idle (very frustrating when changing gears) anyways was wondering if anyone has had this problem before, or has any ideas as to what might cause this. anything anyone can offer would be helpful, thanks for your time everybody.

I'm having a problem that sounds just like that. I took my MAF out and cleaned it really good and the problem became more intermittent, but it hasn't gone away. I'll be trying to fix mine too, as it sounds like the same issue, I'll let you know if it stops completely.

found a wire that was some how cut on the tps sensor, got it hooked back up, but still having problem. fuel filter has been recently replaced, but they are cheap so i might get anther one and see if that helps. will clean mas today. thanks guys

well i got a new o2 sensors, truck runs a little smoother now, but i'm kinda pissed i shelled out 20 for over night delivery, and i won't get my tps, until atleast monday

i did the fuel filter on mine and most of my issues went away..

word mines been intermintent since may of last year, but latley its just outta hand, but after i got the 02sensor replaced doing pretty good, and the tps had a cut wire in a bad way so its just kinda rigged up for now, i would just feel better not having a busted one on it. and my fuel filter is still pretty new, but it can't hurt to get another one, just too lazy i guess, thanks man hope it'll help my poor truck.

word mines been intermintent since may of last year, but latley its just outta hand, but after i got the 02sensor replaced doing pretty good, and the tps had a cut wire in a bad way so its just kinda rigged up for now, i would just feel better not having a busted one on it. and my fuel filter is still pretty new, but it can't hurt to get another one, just too lazy i guess, thanks man hope it'll help my poor truck.

well i got the fuel filter for like 10 bucks and it took me all of half an hour to do it (including getting out tools and cleanup), so it's not really a bad idea.... its not going to hurt anything thats for sure.

• 1 month later...

so iknow is been awhile but i replaced the fuel filter and the problem continued got my tps and replaced it had it in for around a month now, and no issues might be weird but it seems to have solved my issues