Need help replacing valve cover gasket 2001 path

bro_die

Hey guys im in the process of getting this path I picked up recently and in need to change out the valve cover gasket.

Theres an oil leak in the engine got it checked by a mechanic and hes charging my 450 to change out the gasket.

Can anybody please tell me if its worth it or not or you guys have any links ( yes I searched) showing how to

do this itll be great. I can save money instead of paying him 450 just for a gasket. The car is a 2001 v6 pathfinder

any help would be greatly appreciated.

I need to replace mine as well. R50's apparently have a horribly designed valve cover and regular oil sludges up the oil channels. Since I am burning oil I figured they would be a good thing to replace. I have the FSM and it says nothing about removal. I can send it to you if you want and have an email provider that will accept a large file. I also have the Haynes manual at home which I can check tomorrow and if it has info scan and post it up. It doesn't look too bad, something like 10 bolts per side and a couple hoses, and the oil filler tube and some intake brackets are on the driver's side valve cover. We will see...

Mike

Thanks for the info. Sure help will greatly appreciated if that haynes manuals has something to

say on how to do this. Im stumped on this because I never worked with V6 before and by the looks of

it the intake manifold has to go.

2 hour job at the most and they are not a horrible design i have had nissan v6's and been working on them for 8 years and never seen one leak

Glad to hear it's a short job.

I do think Nissan V6's are great motors, and I have no issue with leaking. The problem with the design is the baffles accumulate sludge if you use regular oil and that contributes to the oil burning. I am confident when I make the repair this motor will last me a long long time.

Mike