3" Suspension Lift Kit

Reshma

I am getting a lift kit soon but i dont know what to get and from where. I am looking at this kit KIT

Can some one tell me if this is a good one and if they know of any 3" lift kits that may be better or cheaper. Give me links to the kits your showing me please. One more thing, i am going to use this pathy for mudding in the future so it has to be a suspension lift. Body lifts I'm going to get later. Recommendations for a 2" body lift are welcome as well.

• Like 1

:headwall:

:search:

I have hit search with this topic countless times. I really cant filter through everything for this. I was just hoping to get some feed back from members who have done a 3" lift and can help me out.

• Like 1

You'll find mixed opinions about Calmini here. Apparently their work is a bit hit-'n-miss.

Try Automotive Customizers. They're a little cheaper and not as flashy, but they tend to have a better rep.

You'll find other options in the links that Kingman posted, but AC is the only real one-stop shop for our 21's.

Front shocks it doesn't matter but for more flex and to reduce the chance of topping out you should get some extended length ones. Rancho, bilstein, skyjacker, trailmaster, pro comp and some others make them.

• 3 weeks later...

2 " body lift? Use hockey pucks.. works awesome... google it.

bad idea...use either aluminum/steel or ASB (or another form of hard plastic)

On the other hand I have Calmini UCA's and they did squeak quite a bit but they have quieted down quite a big...I also have their panhard drop brkt (needed a lil love to get it to fit right but i did install it while camping an hour trail time from any paved road and of course i have their torsion bars...they're UCA's are way beefier than any other UCA i've seen except for maybe hte rancho ones i've seen on here a couple of times

out of all honesty tho if you're going to get the calmini stuff new...save up a little more and go SAS...i hope to be sas'd in the next year

I got a set of long travel rancho shocks and it gives you more flex

the A/C rear coils i have dropped out on the trail...my calmini's haven't ever fallen out

Edited by unccpathfinder

2 " body lift? Use hockey pucks.. works awesome... google it.

Yeah, google will come back with all the people who had them crack and fall apart too. :rolleyes:

Cheapest suspension lift is to crank the T-bars and shim the UCAs and get JGC coils for the rear. If you are worried about ball joint angles, get Rough Country UCAs.