Why Are There So Few Threads?

mora2818

05+ is r51, not r50 :aok:

and it would be due to the general lack of r51s round these parts. Not too many people with newer trucks do the same stuff as people with say a 90-95 wd21 Pathfinder.

There are a few people here with R51's, but like nunya stated, they are not in as high a number as the guys with the WD21's and the cooler R50 guys ;)

There are also not a whole lot of upgrades available for the R51's, much like the R50's. So you might consider that when looking at getting one.

Ya, I can see that. I am personally not into upgrading too much, more of just understanding everything about the vehicles I own. This has definitely been the best value vehicle I have ever bought (R50). I am going to buy a new used SUV this Spring and wanted to find out what folks think of the R51. I am also looking at the standard "cute yutes" of highlander, 4runner, sequoia, and pilot. To me Nissan seems to be the best value out there. I am appalled at home much folks will pay for a used 4runner with 90k miles on it. With any luck, I'll be posting on this forum regularly in the next couple months.

Cheers,

Kevin

I think the purchasing market of the WD's and R50s went to the Xterra after 2005 when the R51 came out. The R51 doesn't have the same appeal that the previous versions of the Pathfinder had.

Why are there so few threads started in the 2005+ forum? I am looking to upgrade my R50 and was shocked to see very little talk on the boards about upgrades, likes, dislikes, projects, FAQ's, etc.

-Kevin

Yeah, there is not that much R51 related stuff on this site, but people are into modding them. It's going to take a little more time for people to start thrashing them like the WDs and R50s. It's hard to take a $30K+ Pathy that's still under warranty and beat the hell out of it. Although there have been a few people that have started. Here are a few of my favs:

R51.jpg

DSC_0194-1.jpg

a26780658f.jpg

0901_4wd_03_z2008_nissan_pathfinder_v8_leoff_road_rear_sideview.png

actutu.jpg

_DSC0020.jpg

If you really want to see what people are saying about R51s, then check out this site: My link

It is totally opposite from this site. There is a little WD and R50 action, but the R51 section is very active.

^So that is where they are hiding!!

and it would be due to the general lack of r51s round these parts. Not too many people with newer trucks do the same stuff as people with say a 90-95 wd21 Pathfinder.

Both of these are very true but I have seen a ginormous R51 on 38s or something towing a huge boat around here so some support must be out there...

I think the purchasing market of the WD's and R50s went to the Xterra after 2005 when the R51 came out. The R51 doesn't have the same appeal that the previous versions of the Pathfinder had.

I'll go ahead and say that is has a different appeal.

Still, I just told my wife last night that I'm going to be looking for a salvage title unit I can pick up cheap and modify...

B

^So that is where they are hiding!!

Both of these are very true but I have seen a ginormous R51 on 38s or something towing a huge boat around here so some support must be out there...

I'll go ahead and say that is has a different appeal.

Still, I just told my wife last night that I'm going to be looking for a salvage title unit I can pick up cheap and modify...

B

Cool, let us know what you find. I'm ready to see a hardcore R51. :aok: The front end is the same as an Xterra and I know there are solid axle kits sold for it, so that's not an issue. The rear should be relatively easy to convert to solid axle. There was a guy on the other forum that was going to put the rear end from a Frontier, but I have not seen anything about that lately. Here is one more pic that I for got to include. This is Wizard, from Hawaii, and he has a 7" coil over lift:

1062801416_BC4V7-L.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've looked on lots of other sites and there isn't much for the R51 either. It's really slow. I'm still glad I bought mine but wish there was already info out there. Even looking into other companies, and it's even harder to find stuff for my 5.6 V8 and the nav/xm/ radio.