Temp sensor

Airrun2002

Prolly the temp sensor. Easy fix. The trouble-shooting procedure is on page EL-41 in the FSM.

IMG_2713.jpg

I replaced this part in my truck a couple years ago. Seems like it cost around $14.

For some reason, I can't find it on any of the parts sites now though. o_O

Edited by crazyhayseed

NM. Parts train has it listed as Engine Temperature Sensor... They list the other as the Temperature Sending Gauge Switch.

I may be backward. The FSM is kinda fuzzy. Test then both and see what happens. :shrug:

http://www.partstrain.com/store/details/Nissan/Pathfinder/Standard/Engine_Temperature_Sensor/1995/XE/6_Cyl_3-dot-0L/SITX18T.html

http://www.partstrain.com/store/details/Nissan/Pathfinder/Beck_Arnley/Temperature_Sending_Gauge_Switch/1995/XE/6_Cyl_3-dot-0L/201-1328.html

What I was told and what I did on mine was to pull the connector on the front one (which is the sender for the temp gauge) and connect a wire from the terminal in the connector to ground, with the key on, when you ground it the gauge should go all the way to full hot, if it doesn't the gauge is bad, if it does the sender may be bad. The rear sender is the coolant temp sender that goes to the ECU. Does your gauge move at all other than when it is bumped? Does it just read really low or not move from the cold mark at all? Mine used to go up about an 1/8" than I replaced the thermostat and bled the system and now it reads where it is supposed to.

What I was told and what I did on mine was to pull the connector on the front one (which is the sender for the temp gauge) and connect a wire from the terminal in the connector to ground, with the key on, when you ground it the gauge should go all the way to full hot, if it doesn't the gauge is bad, if it does the sender may be bad. The rear sender is the coolant temp sender that goes to the ECU. Does your gauge move at all other than when it is bumped? Does it just read really low or not move from the cold mark at all? Mine used to go up about an 1/8" than I replaced the thermostat and bled the system and now it reads where it is supposed to.

MIne just stays all the way down then every once in a while it will jump up a bit like theres a loose wire. im almost certain the gauge is good as it will work every once in a great while so i might just check the connector on the sensor.

Edited by Airrun2002